Thread: Jaguar XK 2002 - Does update exist for 2002 XK8 with Alpine DVD in originally..

Thanks

Jaguar XK 2002 - Does update exist for 2002 XK8 with Alpine DVD in originally..

Does anyone know if update exists for 2002 Jaguar XK with Alpine DVD in originally. I have tried searching the forums but most updates are pointing to Denso based DVD's but I cant see from the other forums if the DVD's are interchangable.
    The disc I have in my unit has Jaguar Part No. 4W83-10E898-AA Alpine Part No. BM9JG91H for XK XJ written on the disc.
    However I have a problem where 90% of the time when I turn on the navigation the clock that comes up first fails to load then says error reading DVD but then if the clock does load the navigation will work.
    I have tried the links to the denso based updates 464110-7540 and also the link to the Land Rover navigation 2010 West Europe, both of which fail to load at all. These were both burnt on Verbatim DVD+R DL discs at 2.4x.
    So basically would like to get an updated map anyway and also work out whether the DVD has gone faulty!

Any help appreciated

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 179 Posts

Re: Jaguar XK 2002 - Does update exist for 2002 XK8 with Alpine DVD in originally..

You also have a sreious GPS antenne problem! That is why the clock error is displayed.
    Probably there is water/moisture in the aerial base. You could try and clean it out but replacement with a normal GPS antenna is cheaper and has better chance for success.

For the Alpine Navigation in the pre 2007 models there are no updates available nor will any other DVD work!
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

Thanks

Re: Jaguar XK 2002 - Does update exist for 2002 XK8 with Alpine DVD in originally..

Thanks for the quick reply. I guessed as much about the update. I will look into the gps antenna (have to locate where it is first).
    I've got to be honest it is a very poor gps system anyway and not easy to use. Are there any alternatives to put in place that work well. Could a different Jaguar model Navigation unit and cd changer be put in that work. I have a tomtom for everyday use between cars but it would just be good to keep the in-car system working if possible.

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 179 Posts

Stick with your TomTom
    Even the other Jaguar systems cannot really be classified as state of the art
    It has always been yesterday's technique in last years packing, just like any other Denso unit
    The thing are obsolete on the drawing board and antique by the time they are fitted
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded