Thread: kenwood DNX and...TOMTOM

hpymad is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

kenwood DNX and...TOMTOM

Hi there,
    it may be a silly issue but is there any chance to put tomtom software in to kenwood DNX5260BT?
    best regards to all

janch is offline Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: kenwood DNX and...TOMTOM

I presume this unit is most likely Linux based as it originally runs Garmin navigation. So in theory TomTom could also work on this device as is linux based too, but anyway I really don't think the software can actually be changed by the user with a simple "standard" hack..It's not like many other Chinese 2-DIN units, which are running on WinCE OS, as on those units changing navigation software is a piece of cake in most cases..

It is certainly not my business but I really wish to understand, why on earth you would like to swap Garmin for TomTom..? I think Garmin beats Tomtom in all navigation features aspects and it's certainly more reliable (map coverage, route calculation etc..)

best regards

hpymad is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

thakks janch for your opinion
    I just was curious imaybe somebody done it..
    and maybe like you said garmin is better but I get used to tomtom and for me works better but its only in my opinion
    thanks again

Kor@l is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,776 Times in 438 Posts

You will not have the posibility to install a diferent navigation software on it, can just use Garmin maps, everything is possible....but this devices are not Wince and you have not to much to do with it, just use.

jpnos is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hpymad View Post
    Hi there,
    it may be a silly issue but is there any chance to put tomtom software in to kenwood DNX5260BT?
    best regards to all
    Hi
    no there are chance to put tomtom on this unit . because the software of garmin unit isn't windows CE.
    In this version is proprietary system , the unit is like a nuvi 13xx series .

I tested the firmware of dnx7160 or 9160 , it don't work on this unit . Tested with different boot.bin but the result is the same :
    SYSTEM SOFTWARE MISSING

Now I'm searching any issue to put the Nuvi 13xx firmware but I see that the firware is a little bit different in the structure. Anyone know the structure of the nuvi13xx firmware ?

tomasz100 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Try to contact with PouchX. You can find him here : Garniak • Zaloguj I thintk this is person who know all things about garmin's firmware.
    I forgot - U must to register on this forum to send any question to PouchX.
    Last edited by tomasz100; 10th February 2013 at 11:02.