GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Cant update Kenwood DNX7240bt

Thanks

Cant update Kenwood DNX7240bt

I try to update my system for two weeks now. I can't update my system.

When i connect via the usb cable and used mapinstall to update my system i get the error "Not enough memory".

I used the map Garmin City Navigator Europe NT 2011.40 [MAPSOURCE] [UNLOCKED IMG]

I have enough memory free, more then 2gb.
    Last edited by Pringle; 29th April 2011 at 09:54. Reason: Add map

Darkmoon is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: Cant update Kenwood DNX7240bt

I found this map would lock up my DNX520VBT when i tried adding a new route and if i clicked on "city the screen whet blank.

I reverted back to 2011.40

Thanks

Were you able to update your unit? I am updating a DNX7240BT and I thought I had installed unlocked maps I downloaded, but when I try to go to an address it says "no map data" even though the map shows fine where I am. I think someone has fiddled with the unit before me.

I am looking to reinstall all the files in the unit to see if that helps - but I don´t have another unit to copy them from. I don´t think I need the big map file, but I suspect the other files here are not the right ones..

Wiz
    Wiz is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pringle View Post
    I try to update my system for two weeks now. I can't update my system.

When i connect via the usb cable and used mapinstall to update my system i get the error "Not enough memory".

I used the map Garmin City Navigator Europe NT 2011.40 [MAPSOURCE] [UNLOCKED IMG]

I have enough memory free, more then 2gb.
    Firstly, make sure that you back up your system then delete the gmapprom.img file. You can't overwrite the file, you have to delete the image file first before you copy over the new one else it'll say not enough memory.

Next, the new maps are bigger than 2GB and measuring the size you have free is not always straight forward (it's easy to get confused between bits and bytes). If you have 2000 MB free, you need to create a map image file that is only around 1.8 GB in size. Don't worry, it's easy to put the rest of the maps onto an SD card as a gmapsupp image.

If you've done the above and it still won't fit, the FAT (File Allocation Table) may have become corrupt on the built in flash drive. Connect a laptop and go to My Computer in Windows, then right-click the drive, left-click properties, chose the Tools tab and use the Check now button. Make sure you click the checkbox to automatically fix the drive, this will repair the FAT.

HTH
    Last edited by Wiz; 30th July 2011 at 00:03.

Wiz
    Wiz is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vaernes View Post
    Were you able to update your unit? I am updating a DNX7240BT and I thought I had installed unlocked maps I downloaded, but when I try to go to an address it says "no map data" even though the map shows fine where I am. I think someone has fiddled with the unit before me.

I am looking to reinstall all the files in the unit to see if that helps - but I don´t have another unit to copy them from. I don´t think I need the big map file, but I suspect the other files here are not the right ones..
    It sounds like you can only see the base map where you are. If you are sure that you can see the detailed map, with all the small roads and POIs, then that map must be corrupt because otherwise you would be able find addresses. The searchable address and POI database is built into the .img file when you create the it from Mapsource (it takes a little while to do). If the PC it was created on had any problems (malware etc) the file is likely corrupt. I'd recommend downloading new img files from this forum and copying them over with an .unl file generated from the Jetmouse Keyjen.

HTH

miruim is offline Corporal
    Thanks

I would like to know if it is possible or not to do a map update.

All i have to do is delete old gmapprom.img and copy an unlocked new one ??

Regards to all