Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kenwood DNXxxxx Maps

Thanks

Re: Kenwood DNXxxxx Maps

Hi. I have a Kenwood DNX-9960 that I would like to update the maps on. I have no idea how to do an update on this unit as I have just began to research it. I have updated the nav software already. will the 2012.2 update work with this unit, and if so can someone give me a step-by-step guide on how to do it. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

glospete is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

I hope this is not regarded as off-topic but I have had my Kenwood DNX-7260BT unit for some time and on the screen Garmin "reminded" me that my CN Europe map was out of date and recommended that I update the map. I went onto the Garmin site and saw that the price was about £79 so decided to go ahead. Within a few days the map arrived on an SD card and I assumed it would update the internal maps in my unit (just like the regular firmware updates I receive). But it doesn't! The website never said this but you have to leave the new SD card in the unit. So now instead of taking 16.1 seconds from start-up to the "warning" screen it now takes 37.5 secs. And in 1 out of 3 times the SD card data doesn't load and the built-in map loads.

I have rejected the purchase under Distance Selling Regulations but I wondered if anyone else with such a unit has discovered the same.

Thanks

hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and I am French. I wish I had a tutorial to update the map of my DNX9280bt. I read different post and I do not understand what map version I have download. I have update my firmware to 1.4 and for navigation to 2.20. On the french kenwood Garmin website there isn't update. the map version i have is "City Navigator Europe NT 2011" and there is no coverage for Réunion Island where i live. I have a friend who just bought the DNX5210bt and the map is very good for Reunion island. Are there anyone can help me please with a step by step procedure, thank you.

psyentific is offline Private
    Thanks

I have the same unit & same problem - I have updated in the past with a legit DVD (re-sold it on eBay...), but never since they went to SD card update. Have tried various USB & SDHC card updates w/unlocked images but no luck. All firmware (Kenwood, Bluetooth, & Garmin) is up to date. Will try laptop connection next I guess.

Thanks

@ Shawn Neal: I mean I have a DNX 9960, USA version.

Thanks

Hello,
    I have a DNX5240BT, and i want to upadte, you know?
    My DNX7280 I could update via the SD but the DNX5240 has no SD.
    Do I have data from my SD on a DVD burn or how it works?
    THX

Thanks

Have DNX 9960. Tried hooking up laptop (Mac) to the female USB port (there are three cables out the back of mine: USB for iPod, normal USB male, and rarer USB female). Got a brief Garmin/Mass Storage Option to show up on the Nav screen (and selected Garmin) but got nowhere after that - and can't get it to show that again.

Will continue to try via Windows 7 (Parallels on the Mac) and/or just using an SD card instead of and SDHC card (though my Garmin/Kenwood/Parrot bluetooth firmware is all up to date).

Map info shows 2010 maps installed, map img and 3D img only.

Suggestions?

Thx,

Cam

Thanks

Have DNX 9960. Tried hooking up laptop (Mac) to the female USB port (there are three cables out the back of mine: USB for iPod, normal USB male, and rarer USB female). Got a brief Garmin/Mass Storage Option to show up on the Nav screen (and selected Garmin) but got nowhere after that - and can't get it to show that again.

Will continue to try via Windows 7 (Parallels on the Mac) and/or just using an SD card instead of and SDHC card (though my Garmin/Kenwood/Parrot bluetooth firmware is all up to date).

Map info shows 2010 maps installed, map img and 3D img only.

Suggestions?

Thx,

Cam

Thanks

Sorry for the double-post.

Anyway, for whatever reason, as long as I leave my 8GB SDHC card in the unit, it's using the 2012.40 and 3D maps, so that's what I'll do for now.

Probably not worth further messing around with a PC laptop to try and get the maps loaded into the Kenwood internal memory.

BTW, the 9960 is pathetically slow to calculate anything - Kenwood didn't spend much of its budget on the CPU, that's for sure. Last combined GPS/Radio unit I ever buy...

Thanks

Re: Kenwood DNXxxxx Maps - DNX 9960

Sorry for the earlier double-post.

Anyway, for whatever reason, as long as I leave my 8GB SDHC card in the unit, it's using the 2012.40 and 3D maps, so that's what I'll do for now.

Probably not worth further messing around with a PC laptop to try and get the maps loaded into the Kenwood internal memory.

BTW, the 9960 is pathetically slow to calculate anything - Kenwood didn't spend much of its budget on the CPU, that's for sure. Last combined GPS/Radio unit I ever buy...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast