Thanks

mercedes-benz harman becker and north america map dvd v.9.0

hi
    this is what i am looking for.
    thanks udow

2. The Following User Says Thank You to udow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: mercedes-benz harman becker and north america map dvd v.9.0

I am interested in the same DVD. Let me know if you have it available!
    Thanks

yikes is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

for whatever reason the north american maps is not readily available and those that do have it want to profit from it

06E55 is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yikes View Post
    for whatever reason the north american maps is not readily available and those that do have it want to profit from it
    Hmmm....Seems like you are back... Again, it's not that anyone is looking to profit from the disc. It's about people not honoring commitments. Here it is, simply (for those that may not have previously followed this thread prior to the site getting hacked). A group buy was set up in which about 8 people (can't remember the exact number) VOLUNTARILY elected to send a specific member (not myself) about $15.00 via PayPal in order for him to purchase this disc, make a copy of the disc for each person, and ship the disc to him. Since the person had a COMMITMENT from each person stating they were interested in the group buy, the person went ahead and purchased the disc. When it came time for each person to HONOR their COMMITMENT and pay for their copy of the disc, only three people actually sent the money to the member that had the disc and was making the copies. This member sent several reminder private messages asking for payment; however, some people (I assume you) got upset because it wasn't posted on this site for free and tried to make the people who set up the group buy look like we were solely trying to profit from the disc.

So, yes... Some people do have it. And those that do all agreed not to post it ANYWHERE for free. Looking back, I suspect people stated that they were interested in the group buy KNOWING they would back out when it came time for payment in hopes that it would posted here, for free, well, they were wrong... And personally, I won't even accept money for a copy, just out of principle...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 06E55 View Post
    Hmmm....Seems like you are back... Again, it's not that anyone is looking to profit from the disc. It's about people not honoring commitments. Here it is, simply (for those that may not have previously followed this thread prior to the site getting hacked). A group buy was set up in which about 8 people (can't remember the exact number) VOLUNTARILY elected to send a specific member (not myself) about $15.00 via PayPal in order for him to purchase this disc, make a copy of the disc for each person, and ship the disc to him. Since the person had a COMMITMENT from each person stating they were interested in the group buy, the person went ahead and purchased the disc. When it came time for each person to HONOR their COMMITMENT and pay for their copy of the disc, only three people actually sent the money to the member that had the disc and was making the copies. This member sent several reminder private messages asking for payment; however, some people (I assume you) got upset because it wasn't posted on this site for free and tried to make the people who set up the group buy look like we were solely trying to profit from the disc.

So, yes... Some people do have it. And those that do all agreed not to post it ANYWHERE for free. Looking back, I suspect people stated that they were interested in the group buy KNOWING they would back out when it came time for payment in hopes that it would posted here, for free, well, they were wrong... And personally, I won't even accept money for a copy, just out of principle...

sorry but i have no clue to wtf your talking about. i dont know of any group buys nor was i ever part of one. all im stating from what ive seen in the old forum were a handful of those that had it wanted to sell it. so before you assume....least get your facts straight

btw the price i saw floating around was more like $30 or $80...i forget the exact amout. i also have no clue what this $15 by pp you are talking about.

and about me being back again....ive never left...this was the same user name i had in the older board. go ask the admins...you will see that this user name will match the previous email address

you sir..owe me an apology...but i dont expect one
    Last edited by yikes; 24th May 2010 at 07:56.

06E55 is offline Private
    Thanks

sorry but i have no clue to wtf your talking about. i dont know of any group buys nor was i ever part of one. all im stating from what ive seen in the old forum were a handful of those that had it wanted to sell it. so before you assume....least get your facts straight

btw the price i saw floating around was more like $30 or $80...i forget the exact amout. i also have no clue what this $15 by pp you are talking about.

and about me being back again....ive never left...this was the same user name i had in the older board. go ask the admins...you will see that this user name will match the previous email address

you sir..owe me an apology...but i dont expect one
    If, indeed, this is your old username (I am not going to ask the administrators, I honor people's word), and you aren't the person that I originally suspected you to be, then yes, I do owe you an apology. Approximately three weeks before this site got hacked, my account (with the same username as well) was suspended and many informative posts regarding this topic exposing what had happened were taken down. My previous post is an accurate description of what happened with the group buy and why the disc hasn't been posted on this site for free by those whom have it.

Since my account was suspended for 30 days, I cannot comment on the price that you "saw floating around;" however, the original price of the group buy was approximately $15.00. That is the $15.00 via PayPal that I am referring to. If the person who is trying to sell it for $30 - $80 is part of the original group buy, then it is his prerogative to sell it, and not mine, although I personally don't condone his behavior. Since I am NOT the person that originally purchased the disc , accepted the funds for the group buy, made and distributed the copies, or sent out the reminder private messages, I cannot vouch for this person. I only know my side of the story, from what I was told by the person who did. The only part I had in the group buy was posting a thread to see if there was interest in it as well as asking some members on other sites that I frequent if they would be interested.

It is sad that it has come to this, and I do apologize for jumping to conclusions; however, before my account was suspended, I was being attacked by another member (who I falsely thought was you) because the originator of the group buy was sending out reminder messages that payment was due for the disc and apparently this member thought he should be entitled to the disc for free.

It's funny that people come to a site such as this looking to pirate copyrighted software but then complain when they don't honor their commitment and believe they are entitled to it for free... Had everyone that committed to the group buy paid their portion, the disc would have been released for free and this debate would not be ongoing. However, put yourself in the other member's shoes... You took your money and purchased the disc believing that the other members of the group buy would honor their commitment when the time came and pay for their portion, only to find that only three members actually honored their commitment. I bet you would be pissed as well. I bet you would send out reminder letters asking them to honor their commitment and I bet you would be upset if they didn't . Please note that in this last paragraph, I am not referring specifically to you yikes, but anyone who is reading this...

Thanks

i dont have a problem with whatever prior arrangements members on this forum have made to get the disk. what bothers me are those that want to profit from something that isnt their's to sell. i am also a member of the mb forums (same user name there also) and one guy had the audacity to try and sell copies of this disk for an absorbatant price....something...he probably got for free. he even went as far as putting up an ebay link for it. well this pissed me off enough that i informed ebay that this guy was selling pirated sw. the next day his ad was removed.

the person who set up the group buy should have gotten the cash up front b4 ordering. i know people...and you will always have this situation when money is involved and when money is fronted.

and i accept your apology...tx
    Last edited by yikes; 24th May 2010 at 15:21. Reason: spelling errors

06E55 is offline Private
    Thanks

i dont have a problem with whatever prior arrangements members on this forum have made to get the disk. what bothers me are those that want to profit from something that isnt their's to sell. i am also a member of the mb forums (same user name there also) and one guy had the audacity to try and sell copies of this disk for an absorbatant price....something...he probably got for free. he even went as far as putting up an ebay link for it. well this pissed me off enough that i informed ebay that this guy was selling pirated sw. the next day his ad was removed.

the person who set up the group buy should have gotten the cash up front b4 ordering. i know people...and you will always have this situation when money is involved and when money is fronted.

and i accept your apology...tx
    I totally agree with your statement about people wanting to profit from something that isn't their's to sell! Which mb forums are you referring to, mbworld or benzworld? I frequent mbworld almost every day and haven't seen a post there, but I am mainly in the AMG forums... And I am extremely glad that you notified eBay about someone trying to sell pirated software!

And I agree with your statement about getting the cash up front before ordering... But you would think people would be man enough to honor their commitments, but I guess in this situation, people were just greedy and wanted it for free and thought they would have a better chance if they agreed to the group buy and backed out at the last second...

In regards to the apology, you are welcome. I am man enough to admit my mistakes, and this assumption was one of them...

Thanks

i am in both forums but mostly in mbworld

ypefti is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Hm,
    What a coincidence! I committed to buy a disk for Lincoln and share copies with everyone who wanted to chip in. Let's see.
    In the meanwhile, I am ready to send $25 to the guy who made a similar commitment for Mercedes v9.0.
    May I know who it is and if this is still available ?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast