Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: NTG4 Comand APS V10 A204 827 92 59

Kor@l is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 Times in 440 Posts

Re: NTG4 Comand APS V10 A204 827 92 59

NTG4 update is the same as you are installing a software from CD, if a file could not be copied usually you eject the CD and clean it, after you insert it again the installation will go ahead, hapend a lot of time with dirty CDs...
    There is a checksum with the order of the files that have to be installed on comand, you arrive at 93% so you need my DVD1-Part1.
    to create this DVD just open DVD1 with ultraiso and delete the IDX and VRDB folder inside HDD4, save as ISO image and burn it, insert on comand an it will go ahead with update till 95% than will ask to insert DVD2.

As i wrote the files are copied in a particular order, if you use my DVDs will insert DVD1-Part1 the update will go ahead till 3% than will stop, eject DVD1-Part1 and insert DVD1-Part2, update will go ahead till 53% and than will stop again, eject dvd and insert again DVD1-Part1, update will continue till 95% and will ask for original DVD2.

DVD1-Part1 is without IDX/VRDB folders, thats why i suggest you to create this one, so you can update from 93% to 95% and than use DVD2

Hope it help
    Last edited by Kor@l; 6th September 2012 at 16:10.
    die and nosferanosferatuno like this.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kor@l For This Useful Post:

die
    die is offline Master Sergeant
    Thanks

Thanks Kar@l for the very useful advice. I have finally made it, DVD-part1 updated missing files from 93% through 95%.
    Last edited by die; 4th July 2012 at 15:38.
    Kor@l likes this.

Thanks

Hello Kor@l

Work perfectly on my car 2007, W204.

I had to make 3 DVD one whit the DVD1 another as yu recomended above whit the "open DVD1 with ultraiso and delete the IDX and VRDB folder inside HDD4, save as ISO image and burn it", then the DVD2.

Work nice, and thanks

Keep the good job.

BR
    Kor@l likes this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Indy Santos For This Useful Post:

tokratokra is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks
    I tried to update a C Class navigation and at 94 % I receive an error. C class have cd changer with 6 cds ad i tried slot 1, 2 and 6 but the error is the same. The DVD 1 (which I inserted first) whwe used in another C class with succes and at ~ 97 % it asks for DVD 2 and after a couple of seconds the update is ready; but on this car is stops at 94 %! So I exclude the posibility to be broken or bad write. I made another DVD (verbatim DL Imgburn at 2.4 x) and the error is the same.

Should I tried What Kor@l said above or there is other way to solve this problem ? No cd music works now in the car (only radio). Everytime i tried to listen to a cd system asks for navigation DVD to complete update.

NTG4 Comand APS V10 A204 827 92 59-photo-2.jpg
    NTG4 Comand APS V10 A204 827 92 59-photo-1.jpg

EDIT:
    I tried to update a C Class navigation and at 94 % a receive an error. C class have cd changer with 6 cds ad i tried slot 1, 2 and 6 but the error is the same. The DVD 1 (which I inserted first) whwe used in another C class with succes and at ~ 97 % it asks for DVD 2 and after a couple of seconds the update is ready; but on this car is stops at 94 %! So I exclude the posibility to be broken or bad write. I made another DVD (verbatim DL Imgburn at 2.4 x) and the error is the same. No audio cd is working now in the car. Allways system asks to navigation DVD to complete update.

I'll try Kor@l solutions posted above and I'll announce the result here.

NTG4 Comand APS V10 A204 827 92 59-photo-2.jpg
    NTG4 Comand APS V10 A204 827 92 59-photo-1.jpg
    Last edited by Kor@l; 29th August 2012 at 18:52. Reason: Merged post

Thanks

It doesn't mean nothing, the 2 C-Class probably mount diferent DVD-Reader(mechanic) or the laser is more dirty on the one that gives you problem, it hapends to me several time that the sme DVD can update a navi but gives error in another one, if you try with "normal" DVD 4.7GB can burn more DVDs with less cost and even try different burner, thats why we worked on the split DVDs, DVD5 have less burning problems than DVD DL.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsta View Post
    It baffles me why folks insist on using the "regular hosting sites" (as you refer to them). They're massively painful to use unless you're a premium subscriber, and posters often split files into chunks too large to be downloaded as a free user.

If folks want to share for the good of the community (and for those of us who already paid a huge amount of $$$ for our SatNav and don't like the idea of being fleeced for an upgrade) then they really should be sharing using the most accessible methods, which to me are:
    1) Torrents
    2) Usenet

... I can't help but feel that some folks are uploading files with the explicit aim of getting kick-backs from the file sharing sites when other users are forced to subscribe to a premium account.
    I'll really never understand people who bought car which value is 30 000 to 60 000 euros, and then claim here for 5 -10 euros premium account for some of file hosting services, like ul.to, netload.in, etc. , if you aren't satisfied with way of uploading stuff here, you have always choice and faster way to get new maps , go to MB dealer and buy it for nice price , and ask them to sell maps for 5-10 euros, how much cost 1 premium account !

People like you doesn't deserve any stuff, cause don't respect great uploaders here, which offer maps for free, and at all claim for 5-10 euros ! Try to think, that uploaders, deserve to make some money from file hosting services, not manny of them upload only for that reason, but even they do that, it's their full right, and i support them, they deserve much more, cause manny hours spend on uploading stuff here !

So, more respect to uploaders, if you don't like their way of uploading, change forum, go to dealer, or choose some 3rd solution !

Cheers for all uploaders on GPSU !
    Kor@l and ab75146 like this.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nosferanosferatuno For This Useful Post:

tokratokra is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Problem solved like Kor@l said!

Thx
    Kor@l likes this.

npg500 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Hi

I've just updated my 2010 S204 from v7 to v10 with Kor@l's 3 DVD set.
    Works like a charm, thank you very much for the ingenious solution.
    It is also possible to burn the DVD's onto DVD+RW, the Comand accepts these as well.

Just to clarify the procedure again:

Insert DVD 1-1 up to 3%
    Insert DVD 1-2 from 3% to 58%
    Insert DVD 1-1 again from 58% to 95%
    Insert DVD 2 from 95% until finish

DVD 1-1 and DVD 1-2 are the original DVD 1 (DL) splitted into two ~4.7GB images. All of them have to be burned with ImgBurn, Booktype set to DVD-ROM.
    D/L links can be found in this post:
    NTG4 Comand APS V10 A204 827 92 59.

Thanks again!
    Kor@l likes this.

psaldanha is offline Private
    Thanks

Hi!

I have recorded 3 DVD`s with Kor@l's 3 DVD set. I just couldnt change booktype to DVDROM, but as i am recording with DVD-R, i assume it will record as DVD-ROM. Correct?!

The problem in fact is that, i checked the 3 DVD content in my computer (the one i used to record) and i can just view DVD1-1 contents. I can not view DVD1-2 and DVD2 contents. And i am afraid that i may damage my COMMAND.

Can anyone help me?

The people that used Kor@l method can view the contents of the 3 DVD or just of the DVD1-1 as i?

Thanks!!

Thanks

You must see the files in the burned DVDs. Burn again or use another burner, is not difficult have working DVDs with the 3DVD set, a lot of people have updated without problems, even with DVD-RW.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast