You should make an upgrade for Navi Unit. It is necessary for maps Version 3 and earlier.
Mercedes Software Service Update ECE/USA for Navigation Unit - 211 589 15 22 00
For Models: 171, 211, 215, 219, 220, 230, 240 with code 527, 530
This is NOT a map disc. This DVD is used to update the Navigation Processor.
Unzip the archive and use the ISO file to create a DVD.
How do you know if you need this update? Here is a description of the problem:
After the new navigation DVD (map) is inserted, the COMAND display shows "NO DVD available, please insert navigation DVD.".
Note: This problem occurs in the case of navigation processors with:
- SW09/04 USA (2004.2) or older software
- SW 07/04 ECE (3.0) or older software
- Activate COMAND by switching on the ignition and then press the NAV button.
- Eject the navigation DVD (map) from the navigation processor (trunk).
- Insert the service DVD. The update starts automatically.
- The update is completed after approx. 2 minutes. The COMAND unit will restart.
- Remove the service DVD and insert the new navigation DVD (map) into the navigation processor. The map update starts automatically. Please wait until the COMAND unit restarts.
- Switch off the ignition, remove the ignition key, lock the vehicle and wait until the instrument panel switched off (bus idle).
- Activate COMAND by switching on the ignition and check the navigation functions.