GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: 2008 Mercedes W204 C300 Comand System Changeover from US to Europe Maps

Thanks

2008 Mercedes W204 C300 Comand System Changeover from US to Europe Maps

Hello, I am needing some help with my car. I have a 2008 Mercedes W204 C300 with the factory Comand system GPS nav. I am an American, but I now am living in Germany and really want the nav to work. So, I have been to the dealer 3 times, they are not willing to do anything. I see there are some ways to change the region code on the DVD play so that it will accept the Europe DVD. I am not sure how do this. Please help!!

Cristoph in Germany

Thanks

Re: 2008 Mercedes W204 C300 Comand System Changeover from US to Europe Maps

Christoph,

The first thing you will need to do is receive a COMAND update, as the 2009+ maps will not load until your COMAND is updated.

Then you need to enter the engineering menu, by holding "hang up + 1 + #" with your key in the ON position. Inside there, you need to navigate to the software parameters menu, and look for REGION settings. hange from N America (1) to ECE (2). Turn off the car and allow appx 15 minutes for the changes to take effect. When you turn your car back on, and the changes have taken effect, you should have TMC in your radio, as well as being able to tune to even decimal frequencies i.e. 100.0

Once your COMAND is up to date, and the region is set to ECE, then you can insert the Navigation DVD and begin to update. If you receive a message that the disc is invalid, you did not burn the image using an appropriate program, try using ImgBurn.

NavCore is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nathan View Post
    Hello, I am needing some help with my car. I have a 2008 Mercedes W204 C300 with the factory Comand system GPS nav. I am an American, but I now am living in Germany and really want the nav to work. So, I have been to the dealer 3 times, they are not willing to do anything. I see there are some ways to change the region code on the DVD play so that it will accept the Europe DVD. I am not sure how do this. Please help!!

Cristoph in Germany
    . . . and next time please use search before posting . . .

The same question was answered right here: :: cheers ::

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for the information. I saw the other thread but I was not getting what I needed off of it. I have tried to get the dealership to update my system, but they say they cannot because I have a US car. Is this right? Furthermore, can I buy a 2008 European Map DVD. I see one on Ebay for 1 €. Thanks for the help so far!!

ricci13 is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

where we can find the soft to update w204 from 2008 and after that install the 2010 map ...