GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Mercedes S-Class (1999) W220 Comand & Sat Nav Help Please....

mosubedar is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Mercedes S-Class (1999) W220 Comand & Sat Nav Help Please....

Hello people... Right, so i've just bought an S Class Mercedes W220 and am going through the stage of updating the Comand and Sat Nav in the car... I've tried to do my research before posting this but just gave up... When it comes to tomtom's i'm a master but updating Mercs is totally new to me... First of all the Car has the Square Comand Screen with the Telephone Keypad on the right hand side of the screen... I have take out the Sat-Nav CD or DVD from the Slot and from what i can see it says: Tele Atlas, 1999-I, G5, Great Britain, TravelPilot, Blaupunkt, ETAK Quality Maps... I have tried using the Sat-Nav and obviously its pretty outdated in terms of the coverage and does not even have Postcode support... Don't know if this helps but when the car switches the Mercedes-Benz Logo comes on at the start...

I don't really know how this works, in terms of what needs doing first, Upgrade Comand or just to download a new UK Map version and use that... Any Guidance, Instructions, Links to maps etc would be greatly appreciated...

Kind Regards,

Mo

Thanks

Re: Mercedes S-Class (1999) W220 Comand & Sat Nav Help Please....

Also just another quick thing... Doing some research but all I seem to find are some keywords like APS, NTG or DX or No DX but don't really know what they mean... I also believe from what I can see that the Map Disc in my car that is mentioned in my post above is I think a CD (Compact Disc) so I don't think its a DVD... Hope this Helps, thanks...

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,665 Times in 188 Posts

Since you are so smart with TomTom, one would expect you to be able to read the contents of you current disc!
    In the file info.txt you should find all the information you need to identify your unit

Your unit is called a Comand C which makes use of the so called TravelPilot-C or Non DX cd's
    You will notice that this system was made obsolete in 1999 and the final map cd's wre published in 2006/2007
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...=3272#post3272
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

Thanks

Thanks for the reply... I believe the sat-nav may be a DX based system if thats the correct way of putting it as when it switches on it has a DX symbol and also I took out the Sat-Nav Disc and it said something like insert your Satnav DX Disc... Hope this helps... Mo

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,665 Times in 188 Posts

Hard to believe it is the original unit
    However if you noticed the DX invitation, use this post
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...10-2011-is-out
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

Thanks

Thank You ever so much for pointing me in the right direction... Greatly Appreciated. Mo.

Thanks

I am french and I've got a S-klass from 1999 with a command 2.5 no dx. I would like to have a GPS CD for France and Benelux. Who could help me to upload this easily? thank you.