GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Problems Mercedes E April 2002

Jerom is offline Private
    Thanks

Problems Mercedes E April 2002

Hello,
    i just downloaded Command NTG1 v11. I burnt it one time with Nero en one time with CloneCD.
    But when I put it in the car he throws it back to me, so he can't read it.
    I don't know what i'm doing wrong so please could anybody help me to say witch version I need for my Mercedes E 320 from April 2002, and how to burn it without problems. (I burnt it on a DVD).

I hope somebody could help me.

DBGPS is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Problems Mercedes E April 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    Hello,
    i just downloaded Command NTG1 v11. I burnt it one time with Nero en one time with CloneCD.
    But when I put it in the car he throws it back to me, so he can't read it.
    I don't know what i'm doing wrong so please could anybody help me to say witch version I need for my Mercedes E 320 from April 2002, and how to burn it without problems. (I burnt it on a DVD).

I hope somebody could help me.
    It would have been a surprise if you had burnt it on something else than a DVD but can you tell which DVD media did you use, and did you burn it at the lowest possible speed.

I guess your MY 2002 E-class is a W211?

Jerom is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DBGPS View Post
    It would have been a surprise if you had burnt it on something else than a DVD but can you tell which DVD media did you use, and did you burn it at the lowest possible speed.

I guess your MY 2002 E-class is a W211?
    I can't burn it on something else than a DVD because it's 4.3GB. I burnt it one time with NERO and one time with PowerISO. And i tried several things, like iso.

Yes it's a 2002 W211.

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,665 Times in 188 Posts

You may be driving a Merc but obviously not smart enough to even tell us HOW you burned your discs
    If you did anything else then simply opening the ISO file it is no surprise the attempts failed
    Tell exactly what you did because it would seem you have now a number of discs with only one file on the DVD: ISO
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

Jerom is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gazo View Post
    You may be driving a Merc but obviously not smart enough to even tell us HOW you burned your discs
    If you did anything else then simply opening the ISO file it is no surprise the attempts failed
    Tell exactly what you did because it would seem you have now a number of discs with only one file on the DVD: ISO
    Hee I first opend NERO burning. I used the option ''burn iso to dvd''. On that way I burned it with Nero. With cloneDVD I first maked a virtual drive. I opened with the virtual drive the ISO. Than I copied with CloneDVD the disk to a real DVD.

Thanks

You still have not told us which files are on the DVD

Bu the way, the clumsy method of mouting the ISO and then copying it with CloneDVD is ofcourse nonsense

Just open the ISO with Imgbur (FREE) and ensure that the DVD is witten as DVD-ROM if you are using DVD+R media

Slons is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

If the map intalled in your navigation unit was version 3.0 or later - that means you should make an upgrade of navigation unit with special software DVD and only after intall new map DVD.

Jerom is offline Private
    Thanks

Now I just burned the .iso file with imgburn to a DVD+R. On the DVD are now the following files:
    - checksum.md5
    - E10-40_3067_EU
    - GPS7_A412
    - GPS222
    - kN092EUx17G32b.DB_GDB
    - kN092EUx17La.DB_LIT
    - kN092EUx17t02.DB_XAC
    - LWC_IPS.IPS
    - SDB_1873b

On the original dvd are standing less files the following files are standing on the original dvd:
    - CC11025
    - H011025.xb6
    - kN013EU08x02t04
    - L011025.xb6
    - S_DCAJ

I also want to know were could I find if the map in my navigation unit was version 3.0 or later? Do I need to check it on de dvd? On the dvd stands ''CD-ROM Europa 2002 Audio 50 APS ECE'' ''Version 1.2'' ''A 211 827 30 59'' ''sach-nr. 1469.193''. For the rest nothing. I can't find anything in the system of the Merc Navigation, and there also nothings stands in the book.

Thanks alot,

Thanks

With all respect but I find it rather silly that you would burn a DVD for a CD system
    What level of assistance do you exoect?

DBGPS is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

If you did not get it from above, it looks like you have downloaded the COMAND NTG1 DVD but your car has the Audio 50 APS system as you can read from your CD-ROM. You have to figure out first which system you have in your car and then search for the appropriate map data for it.
    Last edited by gazo; 10th June 2011 at 07:00.