Mercedes Software Service Update ECE/USA for Navigation Unit - 211 589 15 22 00
For Models: 171, 211, 215, 219, 220, 230, 240 with code 527, 530
This is NOT a map disc. This DVD is used to update the Navigation Processor.
Unzip the archive and use the ISO file to create a DVD.
How do you know if you need this update? Here is a description of the problem:
After the new navigation DVD (map) is inserted, the COMAND display shows "NO DVD available, please insert navigation DVD.".
Note: This problem occurs in the case of navigation processors with:
- SW09/04 USA (2004.2) or older software
- SW 07/04 ECE (3.0) or older software
- Activate COMAND by switching on the ignition and then press the NAV button.
- Eject the navigation DVD (map) from the navigation processor (trunk).
- Insert the service DVD. The update starts automatically.
- The update is completed after approx. 2 minutes. The COMAND unit will restart.
- Remove the service DVD and insert the new navigation DVD (map) into the navigation processor. The map update starts automatically. Please wait until the COMAND unit restarts.
- Switch off the ignition, remove the ignition key, lock the vehicle and wait until the instrument panel switched off (bus idle).
- Activate COMAND by switching on the ignition and check the navigation functions.
Anyone know where to get 211 589 16 22 00 ??? It was releases 06/2009...
I went to my dealer in Norway who is Bertel O. Steen and they did not know what I was talking about.
Anyone who has the part number for a 2004 E-class with EPS50 who needs a update.
They said the only option was an update through DAS/WIS and I do not want to pay anymore than I have to.
Anyone knows how to in US C320 CDI put update for EU maps?
It says it's not good software version or something like that ...
Hi all! I need for W203, 2005. C-Class - 203 827 00 62 (I think it is APS50). So, if someone can help... Please!
Yes, it's Comand unit. I found some update CD but I do not dare to run it that would not be any problems. What i can get with this update? If nothing significant than I will not to do update
How do you mean after maps? Which old maps i have or what? Sorry, i didnt get this.
Currently I use NTG2 maps.
Btw. I know thats wrong thread but if can someone explain me what it means Telematics update CD? Thanks a lot
You must mean you have a Comand NTG2 unit which is different (W211 is using NTG1 and later NTG2.5).
A telematics update CD contains updated software for different telematics units. The one from the topic is on that can be installed without Star diagnosis tool, usually telematics updates need Star even if the SW comes from a CD or DVD.
Thank you for very helpful reply.
If I understood, telematics update CD is not for my unit, right?