Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Mio M300 Unlock

Bleep55 is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Another Mio M300 Unlock

Here is an unlock that I have tested on the M300 / M301 / R303. I have been making unlocks and modifying them for several years after being inspired by Kombitz, Xtyler and Dmenace. Uploading files, providing the link and a screenshot is a learning experience for me and this is my first attempt. My favorite is a Mio / Igo combination. I hope this is a success and you will be able to try out this unlock. Please feel free to ask questions and critique my work.

I made this simple to install and simple to use and since there is only 2GB of room it's not too complicated. Basically you remove all the files and replace with the unlock files and add your Igo8 program. No renaming anything and the folders are where they need to be. Instructions are included in the zip.

It is set up for Igo8 with a small Geo Cache program called Beeline. I have provided a battery charge indicator and a Time/Date/Day option.

Bleep55

http://www.mediafire.com/?7etevy6es3usu35
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bleep55; 23rd September 2012 at 17:28.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bleep55 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Another Mio M300 Unlock

Well over thirty downloads without any posted issues, so I guess this was a success??? I hope the users are satisfied?

Bleep55

Thanks

Thanks for soft. It easy and fantastic! Please tell me how install IGO on it. I download from torrent iGO Android Europe 2012. And what now? Tnx

Thanks

Have you read the "INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.TXT" that was included in the download? It needs to be placed in the Igo folder. I have never used iGO Android Europe 2012. I am "guessing" this is for an Android based OS and would not work on your unit. Maybe there are other readers that could clarify this? I use Igo8.3.4 dated May 2010. You would have to search the internet for any links for that version.
    As a test you could install your version in the unit and go through the "CE" program and open it manually and see what happens. If it is successful then only the path from the button to the program would need to be worked out. If not you will need to try another version.

Good Luck
    Bleep55

Thanks

Hi there, I've downloaded your file, unzipped it, moved all the files that were on M300 to a separate folder on PC and loaded all files from your unzipped file. It all works fine there is an iGo icon but when I click on it - nothing happens. I've downloaded iGo83 2010.06 maps fbl and poi and loaded them into Igo8 catalogue. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by voojchik View Post
    Hi there, I've downloaded your file, unzipped it, moved all the files that were on M300 to a separate folder on PC and loaded all files from your unzipped file. It all works fine there is an iGo icon but when I click on it - nothing happens. I've downloaded iGo83 2010.06 maps fbl and poi and loaded them into Igo8 catalogue. What am I doing wrong?
    Igo is not included with this unlock. You will need to find and install a working version of your choice. Install it in the Igo folder of the unlock. Then add your map and poi files in the corresponding folders.

Bleep55

Tizzie is offline Private
    Thanks

I have only just purchased a 2nd hand M300 from a friend and have never used a sat nav before, so am a complete newbie!!

I am guessing the maps need updating, though it does work well and think its around 2009, from the original

If I just want to update the maps, do I have to unlock and is there a guide on here to show me step by step what to do.

I looked on the Mio site and its something like £39.99 for maps. not paying that, if this works ok now, but just is not up to date.

I would appreciate a little guidance, if possible

I will download this unlock, look at the instructions, but dare not do anything, in case it renders the Navman unusuable

Thanks

Thanks

cannot edit my post above, sorry

Mine is a Navman M300

does it work for that

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tizzie View Post
    I have only just purchased a 2nd hand M300 from a friend and have never used a sat nav before, so am a complete newbie!!

You may want to use your unit first before making a change, then you will know if it is an improvement for you.

I am guessing the maps need updating, though it does work well and think its around 2009, from the original

If I just want to update the maps, do I have to unlock and is there a guide on here to show me step by step what to do.

No need to unlock if you update maps from Mio.

I looked on the Mio site and its something like £39.99 for maps. not paying that, if this works ok now, but just is not up to date.

I am in the United States and no map updates have been available since the units release.

I would appreciate a little guidance, if possible

Instructions are included. Please make sure you understand them before proceeding. You are welcome to ask questions.

I will download this unlock, look at the instructions, but dare not do anything, in case it renders the Navman unusuable

This unlock will not update anything. It only allows you to add "YOUR" version of Igo and any newer maps you may have downloaded. I have not tested this on a Navman.

Thanks
    Your Welcome. Please keep us updated on your progress.
    Last edited by Bleep55; 16th September 2012 at 18:41.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bleep55 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

O my goodness!!

What a comprehensive reply Bleep55!!

Thank you so much!!

So maybe I need to do nothing and the maps will be up to date anyway!

I have looked and the map files seem to be dated early 2010, so could be ok

I am in the UK

Once again, your reply is amazing, thank you so much!

I think I best not tinker with it then, until I am confident, firstly, that is is worth it and if by unlocking, it means just adding different type of software/maps - then it may not be worth it, for what I need

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 21st May 2012, 05:39