GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Unlock C520

Thanks

How to Unlock C520

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this unlocking of GPS and updating maps. Are there any step by step instructions on how to unlock and put updated maps on my gps. any help would be greatly appreicate.

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Re: How to Unlock C520

can anybody help me unlock my mio please.

Thanks

Red face Re: How to Unlock C520

A gugli jó barát, de ha eddig nem jártál eredménnyel, hát itt megtalálod hozzá a "svájci bicskát" :

Thanks

how can i unlock mio c250 what a program i need?

assamiea is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Please thanks toxtyler91

The Beginning:
    A basic history of my start with this stems from about a year ago when I purchased my c320. This was a time of major development in terms of unlocking these devices. Through constant reading and testing of the various unlocks out there: MioPocket, Stopword, and Slimio, I found myself becoming more involved in modifying the already available unlocks to best meet my needs. Through some trial and error I pretty much figured out the programming used to make them operate... which basically is to say they all operate in generally the same way. As my ventures continued, I was starting to be asked for an unlock for these devices that did not have all the extra applications like files managers, task managers, games, paint programs, etc. That birthed my first unlock called the Simple Unlock. This really was the basics in terms of unlocking. It came just as that, a small program that allowed people to launch other navigation programs on their mio's. Well, then I was taunted with suggestions that some programs needed to stay. These included a picture viewer, calculator, and video viewer. This is where the Simple Unlock with Extras comes from. It really has everything in terms of unlocking your device to run other navigation software and keeps those added applications just listed. Well this seemed to be a big hit and the number of users really grew to more than I expected. People liked it so much that they began asking me to put together something that was similar to MioPocket in terms of the applications. This is where the Simple Unlock Deluxe comes in and was developed. I also want to add much thanks to SkyLight and Osprey who are the two smartest people I know. My original unlock borrowed heavily from SkyLight's Slimio unlock in terms of scripting and from MioPocket in terms of applications. Credit should be given to where it is due. Without the work of both SkyLight and Osprey I wouldn't have been able to put this together. As I said before, the guts of all the unlocks out there are basically the same. Although I promote my unlock on my website, I think it is important that people have choices. I highly recommend trying as many unlocks as possible so people can find the one that is best for them. The biggest differences between all the unlocks is really appearance. Some unlocks have more apps, some less, but basically anything that runs on one can be run on the other. The only other difference boils down to the SD vs. SD-Free unlocks. I personally prefer the SD unlocks based on their convenience and quick start up after a full shut down. I also like that I can edit or add to the unlock without using my mio (using an SD card reader). Some people like having an SD-Free unlock so they don't have to keep the SD card in their device. It really boils down to preference. There are arguments and pros and cons to both methods. It really boils down to preference as I stated. So stop reading this and start trying them out!
    The Basics:
    Simple Unlock with Extras
    The Simple Unlock with Extras is pictured above. It is an SD Unlock, which means it runs off your SD card. To install the unlock just download the .zip file from the download link. Unzip the file on your computer and copy the contents to your SD card. Put the SD card into your Mio c320 or c520 and start your device. When it finishes loading to the regular main page of the device, tap the power button on top of your mio and the screen will turn black (this puts it in sleep mode). Tap it again and when it comes out of sleep mode the unlock will load.
    Included with the Simple Unlock with Extras is:
    Explorer: Lets you explore and edit both your Mio's flash drive and SD card
    Picture Viewer: Allows you to look at various picture files on your device
    Video Player: Allows you to view videos on your device
    Calculator: Turns your device into a nice looking and functional calculator
    USB Mass Storage Support: This is the drive next to the time at the top of the unlock. This will put your device to the standard usb setting for connecting it to your computer. It basically just puts it to the factory settings in terms of connecting your mio to the computer
    Active Sync Support: This is the other drive on the left on the top of the unlock. I added this because Vista users usually have a hard time getting their computers to recognize their Mio. This fixes the problem, but does require that you have active sync installed on your computer. It is also the default setting when the unlock starts. To change out of active sync mode, just click the other drive that loads usb mass storage (explained above)
    Calendar: The calendar is a nice feature that works not only to show the date, but also as an appointment calendar.
    Volume Control: This is a nice little volume control feature that allows you to control the volume right on the unlock
    Power Button: Puts your mio in sleep mode
    Restart Button: Restarts your mio and the unlock
    User Apps: This is a nice little program adapted by Osprey. It allows users to add more programs to their device without having to program new icons to launch them. It is basically a menu type program that stores the paths to your .exe files for any program you may wish to add. When you tap the butterfly, a page will load with 3 icons (tools, programs, and games) these are just three categories to pick from. Tap the one that best matches what type of application you are adding and another page will load with a bunch of empty slots. There you will see a green plus sign and a green minus sign. Tap the plus sign to add an .exe path to the list, the minus sign to delete it. When you tap the plus sign, a small explorer will load that allows you to search for the .exe of the program you are trying to add. When you find it, highlight it and hit "OK". You will then see it in one of the empty slots. You can now tap that and it will launch your program.
    The rest of the buttons are pretty much what they appear. Igo8 launches Igo8 if you have it on your device. MioMap launches miomap. Mp3 player launches the default Mp3 player that came with your device. Mio Settings brings up the Mio Settings page that is also the default on your device.
    Simple Unlock Deluxe
    The Simple Unlock Deluxe has everything the Simple Unlock with Extras has plus some games, files managers, task manager, paint, a theme changer, four different themes, an even more advanced picture viewer, Beeline GPS for geocaching, Microsoft Office viewers, Notepad, and much more. I thought about going into detail, but each icon is labeled and pretty much self explaining. Because this unlock comes with so many more applications, it is much bigger than the Simple Unlock with Extras. It does operate the same way and also installs the same way. The blue arrow on the start up page will take you to the Application Page. From there you can access all the other added applications. Installation is the same as the Simple Unlock with Extras. This version of my unlock is available for a limited time, so get it fast.
    Download Links:
    *NEW* Simple c520 Unlock Deluxe:

assamiea is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

works for all mi0...windows ce devices

irinuca is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Unlock Mio C 720 & 520 flash & card

Thanks to 123 !

Thanks

Dear members,

I downloaded this program and copied the content of the card map to my sd card and inserted in my mio c520. But nothing is happening? I get the normal standard menu. What is the problem? Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 3rd February 2012, 14:21