GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help, 2100max, formatted SD but no software backup

Ice
    Ice is offline Private
    Thanks

Need help, 2100max, formatted SD but no software backup

I have tried every download i have found, and no matter what, it passes the device ID screen and freezes on the Navigon screen

I could really use some help getting this working again, im getting a larger SD card to fit the newer software/maps and i have a 3-year map update (haha fat lot of good thats done me, with only 2 updates in the 6months ive had the damn thing)

anyways, could anyone tell me what settings i should check or perhaps send me a zip files or upload their software for me? really need this working for work/craigslist/life

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

pluto30306 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Need help, 2100max, formatted SD but no software backup

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I have tried every download i have found, and no matter what, it passes the device ID screen and freezes on the Navigon screen

I could really use some help getting this working again, im getting a larger SD card to fit the newer software/maps and i have a 3-year map update (haha fat lot of good thats done me, with only 2 updates in the 6months ive had the damn thing)

anyways, could anyone tell me what settings i should check or perhaps send me a zip files or upload their software for me? really need this working for work/craigslist/life
    Try this updated file for the 5100 MAX, which is the same hardware.....http://www.mediafire.com/file/z2zonz...5100%20Max.rar this file is the SD version of the 4310 MAX.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pluto30306 For This Useful Post:

Ice
    Ice is offline Private
    Thanks

i already downloaded and tried your file, i got the same problem, im not sure where the problem lies

with your software on my device, it wont load, and when i try to update or download maps using fresh, it says invalid device definition

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i already downloaded and tried your file, i got the same problem, im not sure where the problem lies

with your software on my device, it wont load, and when i try to update or download maps using fresh, it says invalid device definition

I found the original 2100Max software. Load this software to get things working and then we can determine what is going on with your device. Since you have a Fresh Maps subscription, use the orginal software to connect and then let the natural process of upgrading everything via Fresh Maps.

The version I found didn't have the autorun files in the main sub directory..so I added the ones I had for the 2150. IF it doen't boot, don't worry, your Fresh Maps update will update the software.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vhmwdy...l 2100 Max.rar

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pluto30306 For This Useful Post:

Ice
    Ice is offline Private
    Thanks

i got an authentication error unzipping using winrar, i will still give it a go and see if it works, fingers crossed, may be a few days, having wisdom teeth out today

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Ice
    Ice is offline Private
    Thanks

grrr, ya i wouldnt put too much stock in fresh, fresh just hates me or something, it recognizes the SD card as the location for the MN software, but it still gets an invalid device definition

could be it missed a file due to the authentication error durring unzipping? i dont know :-(\

Edit: hold on, i put the software on the wrong SD, give me a minute

Edit2: nope, still get invalid device def. when trying to update, still freezes on startup
    Last edited by Ice; 20th May 2010 at 19:42.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Thanks

grrr, ya i wouldnt put too much stock in fresh, fresh just hates me or something, it recognizes the SD card as the location for the MN software, but it still gets an invalid device definition

could be it missed a file due to the authentication error durring unzipping? i dont know :-(\

Edit: hold on, i put the software on the wrong SD, give me a minute

Edit2: nope, still get invalid device def. when trying to update, still freezes on startup
    Let's see is some one can jump in a help figure this one out....I'm out of ideas.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pluto30306 For This Useful Post:

Ice
    Ice is offline Private
    Thanks

I think i just need someone with an actual 2100max US model to copy off their software and zip it up for me

the 2100max software you posted, im pretty sure ive downloaded it, and its the EU version so everything under version is for a european model

and im really not sure why your 4350 software wont work

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think i just need someone with an actual 2100max US model to copy off their software and zip it up for me

the 2100max software you posted, im pretty sure ive downloaded it, and its the EU version so everything under version is for a european model

and im really not sure why your 4350 software wont work
    OK...here is the ORIGINAL 2100 Max software...it's version 6.5. Load this and then try to update via fresh maps. http://www.mediafire.com/file/05dmgm...nalMN65-38.rar

18. The Following User Says Thank You to pluto30306 For This Useful Post:

Ice
    Ice is offline Private
    Thanks

OK, it wont update past MN6, but it seems to be working, im downloading Q1 maps to verify, O.o fingers crossed and knock on wood, if this works mass no-homo <3

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast