I've tried to install Q1.2011 maps on my European Navigon 7310, and it is not working as it should.
Here's what I've done:
- connected the device to a PC
- edited the /NAVIGON/MAPS folder and
- copied DrawSettings.nfs and Terrain_NA_USA.nfs
- copied Landmarks_NA.nfs
- copied California.map, NavigonRealityView_NA.nfs, Phoneme_NA.nfs, TMC.nfs (and rename the previous as TMC_old.nfs),
- edited the /NAVIGON/POIS folder and
- copied USA_CA_ZAGAT.pom and Zagat.nfs
Then unplugged the device properly, and changed the map Europe to USA.
The device restarted, and I tried to visualize the US map... with no luck: only a blank page.
So maybe I missed something ?
Can I install the files to a uSD card, instead ?
What is the structure of the file, at SD root ?
Hope you could help me, I coming in USA quite soon.
Thanks in advance !
Well, it seems Navigon deals with ".map" files too.
I connected the device to the PC,
- removed most of the .nfs map files (France, and so on...),
- then copied to folder \MAP\, California.map, Terrain_NA_USA.nfs,
- changed the TMC.nfs file to the new one provided
- created folder Landmarks, and put Landmarks_NA.nfs
Then restart the device, switched to Navigon_An_USA_Q1.2011 map, reboot, and... voilà !
The map of California was here, zoomable.
Next, I will add other files, like POIs, Phonemes and so on !
I'll keep you in touch !