GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Navigon 1300 "Could not detect device" on Navigon Fresh Ver 3

Thanks

Navigon 1300 "Could not detect device" on Navigon Fresh Ver 3

Before leaving on holiday a few weeks ago I updated my Navigon 1300 with a Freshmaps subscription. This worked OK. Today, I tried to connect to my PC (OS is XP Pro) using Navigon fresh ver 3.0 and received the error message " Navigon fresh could not detect as Navigon device. Please make sure a Navigon device is connected to your computer"

I have tried resetting the Navigon using both the reset button on the side of the unit and also the other method of holding the off button for 10 seconds on startup. Neither action changed the error message. There is a 4gb SD card in the navigon which is recognised as "NAVIGON" in My Computer.

I really don't know what I can do now to connect this unit to the PC and update maps. Is there some way to reinstall the original software? I have backups of the original software supplied with the unit created in the Navigon Fresh application, but unless Navigon Fresh recognises the device it does not locate the backup (I think) because none is listed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Navigon 1300 "Could not detect device" on Navigon Fresh Ver 3

Hi

I have the exact same problem with a 4310max. Sometimes Navigon fresh detects my device, but then I am unable to log on to the server in order to register the product.

Funny thing is that windows explorer is detecting the device as an external drive. I can browes through the files on the gps, but Navigon Fresh keeps saying: Navigon fresh could not detect.....

Any idea? Tried to reset the device too, restarting windows yadiyadiyadi. Nothing works.

Getting really pissed off here. Maybe better to copy maps on paper from the yellow pages.

Thanks

Hi,

Ive talked to the swedish suport. They told me calmly that Navigon is aware of this problem and will provide a newer version of Navigon Fresh on their homepage next week. Around june 4, I'd guess.
    Further more it is important to use Explorer 8. (Why oh why)

Well, hope they fix it for real.

Cheers

Thanks

I did finally get a "fix" for my Navigon 1300. After contacting Navigon reps in Australia they said that it was probably the USB port failing despite the fact that Windows XP saw the device and assigned a drive letter OK using the same USB connection. They suggested returning the unit as it was under warranty. I did this and 2 weeks later received another unit (The serial number is different) without comment from Navigon. When I opened Navigon Fresh it announced a product update and would not let me continue without installing. So I did - now Ver. 3.2 (I think). The PND was subsequently recognised and updated and allowed a full backup and restore OK. So we'll never really know whether it was actually a faulty USB port or the update of the Navigon Fresh software that fixed my problem.

Overall though I am not satisfied with the product. It often produces errors in directions and can take a very considerable time to pick up satellites when switched on. Far too long to be practical really. I would not choose one again.

Thanks

I had same problem and solved it following this guide:

The problem was generated from version.xml files truncated.

Thanks

SKELOS - it works on my 4310 max !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE A GODSEND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skelos View Post
    I had same problem and solved it following this guide:

The problem was generated from version.xml files truncated.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Default.aspx