Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Request] Navigon MobileNavigator Southern africa

EddieKruger is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: [Request] Navigon MobileNavigator Southern africa

Hi Ropac, thanks for all the help. I managed to download v7.6.3 and it seems to be working. I have not taken it out for a test yet but the launching of the software is super fast and instant response when pressing the menu buttons. No delays at all. Even saving my menu settings. The only thing so far is the "Favourites" If i save an address and reboot, it is gone. All other settings are still there. I believe that there is a setting change that i need to do in "ApplicationSettingsPathes.xml" and "Favorites.store" file in order for this to work. If you haveany info on how to do this, please let me know.

Regards, Eddie

ropac is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Good to hear that you have come right.

Re: Saving favourites - By default, mine writes a file "Favourites.store" under the "settings" folder. You can check this by opening "ApplicationSettingsPathes.xml" with notepad, about halfway down there is a section <KeyStorage>./</KeyStorage>
    <Favorites>./Settings/Favorites.store</Favorites>
    I presume your 7.6.3 to be much the same as mine, otherwise edit it to whatever you want.

Thanks

Managed to solve the problem thanks to danny1 at MobilePassion
    Here is the fix.

Report this postReply with quoteRe: NAVIGON 40 PREMIUM 7.6.3 for all WinCE 6 PNA
    Post Number:#87 by danny1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Try to make a folder Navigon/Favorites on the ResidentFlash and the 2 files Favorites.store RecentTargets.store .put the way to this folder in ApplicationSettingsPathes.xml

<Favorites>ResidentFlash/Navigon/Favorites/Favorites.store</Favorites>
    <RecentTargets>ResidentFlash/Navigon/Favorites/RecentTargets.store</RecentTargets>

It works 100% and now stores my Favorites. Took the system out for a test drive and now very happy. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks

Only too happy to have been able to help.

Thanks

Hi Ropac, is there any tutorial that i can follow, on how to get the Speed Cams working? I have downloaded the mobile and fixed and red light cam files from POI Plaza. I have made a poi folder and placed the .bmp and the other file inside the folder. This folder i have placed in the NAVIGON Folder. Nothing shows on my screen when driving. I have also gone into the settings to see if it is in the poi category, but not visible. I also downloaded a program called poi-warner and installed to my sd card in the PNA but can't see it thru the Navigon program. I am obviously doing something wrong.

Thanks

Can't help you there. Don't use them myself (because there is always a flipping noise coming out of the unit).

I am sure if you look around you will find what you are looking for.

Thanks

Hi Ropac, it's me again. Just wanted to let you know that i got so frustrated with my WinCE 6 unit 64MB Ram and Navigon, i ordered a 5.1" Screen, 128MB of RAM WinCE 5 unit from China. It will be here by Friday and i wanted to know which is the best version CE5 to use?
    The real funny thing is that in the last 5 days, Navigon has'nt crashed once.(probably heard that i bought a new one) Every time that i used it, after about 15km of navigation, i would hear the dreaded "Bell Sound" followed by a message "Not enough Memory" "convert storage memory to program memory" but there was just no more left to convert. This also used to happen if i started a simulation, within 5 minutes, "Not enough Memory". Must have been running on boderline. I even managed to get my snapshot function working and saving the pics, thanks to someone on another forum who supplied me with a new doctored SnapShot.exe The pics actually come out great. I am quite sure the the 128MB will sort out the problem. Just need a CE5 Software with all the same functions as 7.6.3

Thanks

Hey Eddie K

I've got a Chinese Wince 5.0 unit with 128MB and I find Navigon 7.4.3 Build 793 (for Navigon 2310) works like a charm.

FYI South Africa Q2 2010 has been posted hxxp://www.megaupload.com/?d=0VIDLCJK This includes a "Terrain_SAC.nfs". Not sure what that does, but I also notice you can remove some of the files I mentioned in my list from the map folder.

Thanks to tabardajun for posting.
    Last edited by ropac; 2nd November 2010 at 15:48. Reason: added thanks

Thanks

Ropac, is it at all possible for you to upload your version Navigon 7.4.3 Build 793 (for Navigon 2310) to MegaUpload? The software without the Map and voices etc to keep the size to a minimum. Found a download on MobilePassion but it is just under 700MB and three quarters of those files will end up being deleted. As for the new map, i am busy downloading it at work so i will only have access to it in the morning. Will let you know if there is a difference with the "Terrain_SAC.nfs". Thanks again for bringing the map to my attention. By the way, my new unit arrived at the airport today and the courrier company will be delivering it to me in the morning. Best service i have ever had. Sent from Hong Kong on Sunday evening and already cleared customs in South Africa this morning.

Thanks

RapidShare OK?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12th March 2011, 19:52