Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Request] Navigon MobileNavigator Southern africa

GarminFreak is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

[Request] Navigon MobileNavigator Southern africa

Hey guys and gals if anyone has this map pleeease upload it for me Oh and its for the iphone!

Many many thanks
    Last edited by GarminFreak; 3rd September 2010 at 07:08. Reason: Forgot to add for Iphone

ropac is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: [Request] Navigon MobileNavigator Southern africa

Quote Originally Posted by GarminFreak View Post
    Hey guys and gals if anyone has this map pleeease upload it for me Oh and its for the iphone!

Many many thanks
    Hopefully this still works:

hxxp://hotfile.com/list/700844/7297afb

EddieKruger is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Can this South African map be used on a PNA? It has a different file extension.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EddieKruger View Post
    Can this South African map be used on a PNA? It has a different file extension.
    Yes. You need to work for it! Change the ext from ipa to rar, then extract to a separate folder. Then follow the instructions in the attached doc.

Have fun.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Hi Ropac, thanks, i finally managed to download the South African map after 3 attempts. For some reason it stops at about 140mb and then i have to start all over again. All works fine except when i shut down and restart it acts like it is the first time that i am using it. Asks for the language then kilometers or miles and then the 12 or 24 hour settings and if i save to Favourites, they are all gone. Also any settings revert back to Factory settings. Seems that it is not saving anything when shut down. I do not know if i am posting this in the right thread, if not please advise and i will post it wherever you say. When driving, the map does not keep up with my position and updates about every 15 seconds. Using Chinese PNA CE6 128mb Ram. Running Garmin, iGO8, iGO Primo, Polnav 6, NDrive 10 and all work fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EddieKruger View Post
    Hi Ropac, thanks, i finally managed to download the South African map after 3 attempts. For some reason it stops at about 140mb and then i have to start all over again. All works fine except when i shut down and restart it acts like it is the first time that i am using it. Asks for the language then kilometers or miles and then the 12 or 24 hour settings and if i save to Favourites, they are all gone. Also any settings revert back to Factory settings. Seems that it is not saving anything when shut down. I do not know if i am posting this in the right thread, if not please advise and i will post it wherever you say. When driving, the map does not keep up with my position and updates about every 15 seconds. Using Chinese PNA CE6 128mb Ram. Running Garmin, iGO8, iGO Primo, Polnav 6, NDrive 10 and all work fine.
    Glad that you managed to get the map, and that it is working.

Your problems seem to be with the Navigon software, and not the map. What version are you running?

Thanks

When i go to the info tab it says Navigon 6310, bearing in mind that i am using Chinese PNA.

I am running Version:7.5.4 (build-627)
    Program:091106-1508

Funny thing is that i tested it on the freeway on the way home from work today and travelling at 120kph the arrow seems to keep up with my position but as soon as i exit the freeway and slow down to 60kph it starts lagging behind. When i turn at an intersection, the map display only changes about 200 meters later, yet the voice commands are up to date where i must turn and so are the little orange dots that increase as i get closer to the intersection. This also applies to when i stop at an intersection, the arrow is about 200 meters behind and catches up about 15 seconds later while i am still stopped. Then i pull off and get 200 meters down the road but the arrow has not started moving yet. The reality view and lane assist works 100% If it is the version of software causing the problems as well as the not saving, which version can i try?

Thanks

I am running 7.4.3 on my WCE5 unit, so I cannot really help with your problems, but from what I read on the forums, Ver 7.6.* is specifically for WCE6 units.

Try and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Do you think that 7.4.3 would work on CE6? I am trying to download 7.6 but there is a problem with their server at the momement. I will try later. By the way i enabled the screenshot feature on my 7.5.4 and when taking a shot it comes up with a message saying that it could not save the shot, maybe sd is write protected or full. This got me thinking about why i could not save all the other settings, so i moved the software onto my 2gb internal resident flash and it still does not save.

Thanks

No idea. It is amazing how different these china specials are, not only in the OS but what files are included or not.

Try it and see?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12th March 2011, 20:52