Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Resource Extractor v0.5

Lieuallen is offline Private
    Thanks

Resource Extractor v0.5

I have just started using MobileNavigator 7.4.3 on a Navigon 2310. I've seen references to the freeware Resource Extractor v0.5 (RE05.EXE) that allows you to unpack, examine and re-pack the MobileNavigator.res file, essentially customizing the skin.

However, I can't find this program anywhere (probably because MN7 is OLD!). If anyone could post a copy of RE05.EXE, I'd be very grateful. If you could e-mail it to me ( lieuallen at hotmail dot com), I'd really appreciate it.

I'll share whatever skin I design!
    HEGJ likes this.

Thanks

Re: Resource Extractor v0.5

Google is miracle, just if you use it, it must not be 0.5, you can use newer version, bellow is 2-3 variation of tools for extraction resources, and 1 with plugins for TC,

ResourcesExtract - Extract files (bitmaps, icons, html files, and more) from dll files

Resource Hacker

Resource Extractor 1.1.1 - Total Commander

Resource Extractor Download - Softpedia

Thanks

Thank you, but I am not looking for a Windows program to extract "resources" from DLL or EXE files. I am specifically looking for the program named "Resource Extractor" which unpacks (and re-packs) the contents of the MobileNavigator.res file. The name of this program makes it difficult, since there are so many resource extractor programs. But I need the one to work with skins for Navigon's Mobile Navigator 7.4.3.

hashima is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lieuallen View Post
    Thank you, but I am not looking for a Windows program to extract "resources" from DLL or EXE files. I am specifically looking for the program named "Resource Extractor" which unpacks (and re-packs) the contents of the MobileNavigator.res file. The name of this program makes it difficult, since there are so many resource extractor programs. But I need the one to work with skins for Navigon's Mobile Navigator 7.4.3.
    You didn't write anywhere, for what platform you need extractor, usually is that somebody ask for x86 platform, if didn't write different, instead mip, arm, etc. , so next time write for what platform you need some app ...

If you read links, you would see, that Resourse Hacker support .res files! So at all you can use some diff. resource extractor which works with .res files, PE explorer is one of the best - comercial resource extractors by Heaven tools...

Use some of these bellow, and you'll can edit mobilenavigator.res files ...

http://forum.pocketnavigation.de/for...i/#post1529832

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=446487&page=5

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/p...66&FORUM_ID=71
    Last edited by nosferanosferatuno; 30th September 2012 at 19:06.

Thanks

Hashima, thanks for the Mobilenavigator.res file, but that's someone else's skin (which didn't work on my system). I really want Resource Extractor v0.5 so I can make my OWN skin.

Thanks

Nosferanosferatuno, thanks very much for your help. I did try Resource Hacker. It doesn't work with Navigon's .RES files.

To be clear, I do not want a Windows-based resource extractor. I want the program named "Resource Extractor", version 0.5 (the most current version I can find). I want to unpack the Mobilenavigator.res file supplied with Navigon's MobileNavigator 7.4.3 software, so I can replace a few files and make my own skin.

I checked the links you provided, and they were for the correct Resource Extractor program, but were version 0.1 (even older than the 0.2.2 version that I have). These are for MobileNavigator 6, and I need a new version that will work with skins for MobileNavigator 7.4.3.

I'm hoping that someone who was created a skin for MN7 will provide the tools they used. I have a PNX converter (although since I can't yet make the final .RES file, I don't know if it really works!).

Thanks!

Thanks

Nosferanosferatuno, thanks very much for your help. I did try Resource Hacker. It doesn't work with Navigon's .RES files.

To be clear, I do not want a Windows-based resource extractor. I want the program named "Resource Extractor", version 0.5 (the most current version I can find). I want to unpack the Mobilenavigator.res file supplied with Navigon's MobileNavigator 7.4.3 software, so I can replace a few files and make my own skin.

I checked the links you provided, and they were for the correct Resource Extractor program, but were version 0.1 (even older than the 0.2.2 version that I have). These are for MobileNavigator 6, and I need a new version that will work with skins for MobileNavigator 7.4.3.

I'm hoping that someone who was created a skin for MN7 will provide the tools they used. I have a PNX converter (although since I can't yet make the final .RES file, I don't know if it really works!).

Thanks!

sucro is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

wrong thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lieuallen View Post

Thanks!
    You aren't right, 1st link i posted if you read it with attention, you'll see there too 0.2.2 version, and all versions from 0.1.0 to MN6ResourceView.0.2.2.zip on pocketnavigation.de ! So don't write wrong info...

Bellow 0.5 Resext. ,

Resource_Extraktor_REv05.zip - Datenbase - Digital Eliteboard

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nosferanosferatuno For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast