GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Navman s50 3d

navman1 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Navman s50 3d

Hi all

My first post and completely new to this so please be gentle :-)

I got an s50 3d in 2008 with UK and Ireland maps on it. In June 2009 I got a free map update to the latest UK and Ireland maps. Whenever I plug the Navman into the computer by usb it never detects new software via Navdesk (which is Navdesk 2008).

I will be travelling throughout Europe so do you know where I can get free European maps and is it just a case of downloading them onto an sd card, putting the sd card in the Navman unit and then selecting 'Europe'. Where can I get those maps as I can't see a Navman map section on this site?

Or, should I just uninstall the Navman software and install say TomTom or Garman software and then their maps? How will I know which version of their software and maps will work on my s50 3d unit?

Many thanks

P

2. The Following User Says Thank You to navman1 For This Useful Post:

NRT
    NRT is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Re: Navman s50 3d

Quote Originally Posted by navman1 View Post
    Hi all

My first post and completely new to this so please be gentle :-)

I got an s50 3d in 2008 with UK and Ireland maps on it. In June 2009 I got a free map update to the latest UK and Ireland maps. Whenever I plug the Navman into the computer by usb it never detects new software via Navdesk (which is Navdesk 2008).

I will be travelling throughout Europe so do you know where I can get free European maps and is it just a case of downloading them onto an sd card, putting the sd card in the Navman unit and then selecting 'Europe'. Where can I get those maps as I can't see a Navman map section on this site?

Or, should I just uninstall the Navman software and install say TomTom or Garman software and then their maps? How will I know which version of their software and maps will work on my s50 3d unit?

Many thanks

P
    You won't find any free navman maps. Garmin won't work on the S50. iGO8.3 or the new Primo (uses same maps as iGO) is your best bet (if you can find a working link to download maps and software).
    You will also need to unlock the S50

Thanks

Many thanks and I will give IGO a try. I am downloading maps at the moment but do you know where I can get the iGO8.exe file from? I have googled it but it brings up lots and all varies file sizes and I don't know which to use.

P

NRT
    Thanks

Many thanks and I will give IGO a try. I am downloading maps at the moment but do you know where I can get the iGO8.exe file from? I have googled it but it brings up lots and all varies file sizes and I don't know which to use.

P
    Try here: click on "Save file to your PC: click here"
    Vacationpix is Primo. You will need to delete the maps and put in your own. Maps for primo and iGO are the same. You will need to edit the sys.txt for the correct port and baud settings.

Thanks

Hi and thanks. I now have Igo with maps for western europe and I just need to get a bigger memory card so i can put the pois and speed cameras on. The only thing i had to do was go into the system file and change the screen size to fit the navman s50 3d displat.

When using igo i do have the option to exit it which takes me back to the desktop on the sat nav display. from there i can then start the navman sat nav programme if i want to. however, i can't see how i can exit the navman sat nav programme to get back to the desktop to choose to run igo if i want to. at the moment the only way i can do this is via running the unlock programme on the pc which starts the sat nav with the desktop on display. Hope this makes sense. Any ideas how I exit the navman sat nav programme?

Cheers

NRT
    Thanks

Hi and thanks. I now have Igo with maps for western europe and I just need to get a bigger memory card so i can put the pois and speed cameras on. The only thing i had to do was go into the system file and change the screen size to fit the navman s50 3d displat.

When using igo i do have the option to exit it which takes me back to the desktop on the sat nav display. from there i can then start the navman sat nav programme if i want to. however, i can't see how i can exit the navman sat nav programme to get back to the desktop to choose to run igo if i want to. at the moment the only way i can do this is via running the unlock programme on the pc which starts the sat nav with the desktop on display. Hope this makes sense. Any ideas how I exit the navman sat nav programme?

Cheers
    There is no way to exit navman except a reboot.

Thanks

Many thanks. iGO software and maps work really well but seemed slow on sd card memory. I have uninstalled the navman maps and software from the device memory and put the iGO software and maps in the device memory and not using sd card now. The iGO software and screens etc seem faster. Also it was about 22% fragmented so I defraged it and again seems a bit quicker going through menu screens etc.

Cheers

Thanks

is it ? I am not clear , thank you very much !

I have three paragraphs ps3 controller:

dualshock 3 wireless controller

playstation 3 dualshock 3 wireless controller

ps3 controller dualshock 3 wireless

Thanks

Hello,

Would the IGO work on a Navman S70 as well or would I need to use something else?

Thank you in advance

NRT
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by menace120 View Post
    Hello,

Would the IGO work on a Navman S70 as well or would I need to use something else?

Thank you in advance
    Yes iGO and Primo will work on the S70 after you have unlocked it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)