Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Navman F10

tinca67 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Navman F10

Ive got a friends f10 and wondering if there are any maps or updates that i could do to help him out, the device has uk maps onit and would like to update them if poss? cheers Gaz

NRT
    NRT is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Re: Navman F10

Quote Originally Posted by tinca67 View Post
    Ive got a friends f10 and wondering if there are any maps or updates that i could do to help him out, the device has uk maps onit and would like to update them if poss? cheers Gaz
    If you want navman maps you will have to pay for them. Otherwise you can put iGO8, TomTom or Sygic on it.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply NRT, but im new to navman and not sure which of the said maps would be the best and how to go about it, he only uses it in the uk . also can you put speed cameras/ voices etc on, just like tomtom or is it a wee bit more technical???? at the mo he dosnt have an sd card in it so will more than likely pop one in if updating the map side of it, would that mean a clean install? Cheers Gaz

NRT
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply NRT, but im new to navman and not sure which of the said maps would be the best and how to go about it, he only uses it in the uk . also can you put speed cameras/ voices etc on, just like tomtom or is it a wee bit more technical???? at the mo he dosnt have an sd card in it so will more than likely pop one in if updating the map side of it, would that mean a clean install? Cheers Gaz
    First thing you need to do is backup the navman to your hard drive and then unlock it. You might like to try: or: Then you need to find the software and maps. As to which software is better that is a personal preference (perhaps start with tomtom). The F10 may not recognize a sdhc card so you may need just a sd card if you can still get them. (If you check on the navman web site for updates for the F10 it should then see sdhc cards).

Thanks

Thanks again NRT , the funny thing is the guy who owns the F10 keeps saying its crap and stops working? ive used it and had no problems with it, i have updated the F10 via the navman site, but its the second time hes asked me to look at it , the last time he had set the settings wrong so it turn off while driving.. pillock, that was soon sorted.but everything onit is old cams etc , it can take a 2gb card and he only uses it in the UK and its based on win-ce i fink, just be abit of a new challenge to put maps on it as its , not as easy as TT or is it.. im abit confused as to how to judge which maps would be suitable for it....Cheers Gaz

NRT
    Thanks

Thanks again NRT , the funny thing is the guy who owns the F10 keeps saying its crap and stops working? ive used it and had no problems with it, i have updated the F10 via the navman site, but its the second time hes asked me to look at it , the last time he had set the settings wrong so it turn off while driving.. pillock, that was soon sorted.but everything onit is old cams etc , it can take a 2gb card and he only uses it in the UK and its based on win-ce i fink, just be abit of a new challenge to put maps on it as its , not as easy as TT or is it.. im abit confused as to how to judge which maps would be suitable for it....Cheers Gaz
    It's not simple a simple thing to put Tomtom or iGO on it. Perhaps he should just by new maps for the F10 or even by a new gps. But if you like a challenge then Tomtom might be the way to go for now.
    UK map from here: (you will wan't 855.2931).
    The software from:
    Last edited by NRT; 5th October 2010 at 04:21.

Thanks

NRT problem is i wouldnt know where to start with the f10 , ive done it on y TT one xl , which is pretty simple once youve got it right , but aint got a clue with regards the navman??? Gaz

NRT
    Thanks

NRT problem is i wouldnt know where to start with the f10 , ive done it on y TT one xl , which is pretty simple once youve got it right , but aint got a clue with regards the navman??? Gaz
    I have already told you where to start, now you just have to do it!

richdad711 is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NRT View Post
    I have already told you where to start, now you just have to do it!
    Hi NRT,

After downloading the software from MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service, what's next? do i just need to extract to one folder and copy it over to my SD card?

cheers

NRT
    Thanks

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)