Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 244
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Navteq 2010-2011 (VDO-BMW-Opel-Renault)

  1. #21
    garyscdti is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Burton-on-Trent
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Navteq 2010-2011 (VDO-BMW-Opel-Renault)

    ok thanks Gazo

  2. #22
    overman2008 is offline Lance Corporal
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Navteq 2010-2011 (VDO-BMW-Opel-Renault)

    thanks
    all working

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Navteq 2010-2011 (VDO-BMW-Opel-Renault)

    Hi!
    I have a KIA Ceed CRDI Emotion with internal navigator. I know that it is a VDO Dayton but i don't which model.

    It seems to be a MS4400 unit because it is monochrome and orange like this:

    So my question is... if i have this unit, will this maps work in my navigator?
    Thanks in advance.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Navteq 2010-2011 (VDO-BMW-Opel-Renault)

    Hi,

    i'm running an iMac with Mac OS X 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard).

    I downloaded "Eastern Europe 2010-2011 Navteq (VDO-BMW-Opel-Renault)" and "Greece & Italy 2010-2011 Navteq (VDO-BMW-Opel-Renault)".

    Iso's result umountable (the error messages say "no mountable filesystem")? Is it correct?

    Anyway: I tried any burning Eastern Europe. I did this with hdiutil that allows overburning. The result was an "unplayable" cd.

    Do you think that this problem is related whit my operating system/burning method (thinking about mode 2) or some files were corrupted?

    Thanks in advance

    P.S. Oh, my car is a Renault Laguna 2 year 2002, with Carminat pre-mounted system.

  5. #25
    gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,630
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 2,586 Times in 176 Posts

    Re: Navteq 2010-2011 (VDO-BMW-Opel-Renault)

    You do not have to mount the ISO. Just open the image with Imgburn an proceed at slow speed
    Everything else you mentioned is unnecessary and in fact nonsense
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

  6. #26
    gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,630
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 2,586 Times in 176 Posts

    Re: Navteq 2010-2011 (VDO-BMW-Opel-Renault)

    Quote Originally Posted by _NapsteR_ View Post
    Hi!
    I have a KIA Ceed CRDI Emotion with internal navigator. I know that it is a VDO Dayton but i don't which model.
    Thanks in advance.
    Your system is an OEM unit similar to the MS4200
    This is a non c-iq radio and originally came with a 6 cd set for Europe (Monchrome edition)

    You can safely use the cd's posted here
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Navteq 2010-2011 (VDO-BMW-Opel-Renault)

    Quote Originally Posted by gazo View Post
    You do not have to mount the ISO. Just open the image with Imgburn an proceed at slow speed
    Everything else you mentioned is unnecessary and in fact nonsense
    Astonishing response time... but... no Windows here to use imgburn...

    [UPDATE] I'm trying running imgburn from a virtualized machine[/UPDATE]

    [UPDATE_2]No luck with Virtualbox-Ubuntu-Wine-imgburn chain, trying VMWare Fusion.[/UPDATE_2]

    I don't thing the information I gave was non sense.

    I was telling you important informations
    - Mac here: no ability to use the software suggested in the first post
    - Not mountable iso's: it's strange, I don't thing the navigation maps have a particular filesystem, so I guessed I could mount them to see the content of the discs.
    - Year and model of the car: The last idea I had it was that if the previous points were not real problem it could be that the maps is not compatible with my navigation hardware.

    Hope you can help me.

    Thanks for your precious time and experience!
    Last edited by zzack3; 11th July 2010 at 08:06.

  8. #28
    ozi
    ozi is offline Corporal
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Navteq 2010-2011 (VDO-BMW-Opel-Renault)

    Quote Originally Posted by zzack3 View Post
    Astonishing response time... but... no Windows here to use imgburn...

    [UPDATE] I'm trying running imgburn from a virtualized machine[/UPDATE]

    [UPDATE_2]No luck with Virtualbox-Ubuntu-Wine-imgburn chain, trying VMWare Fusion.[/UPDATE_2]

    I don't thing the information I gave was non sense.

    I was telling you important informations
    - Mac here: no ability to use the software suggested in the first post
    - Not mountable iso's: it's strange, I don't thing the navigation maps have a particular filesystem, so I guessed I could mount them to see the content of the discs.
    - Year and model of the car: The last idea I had it was that if the previous points were not real problem it could be that the maps is not compatible with my navigation hardware.

    Hope you can help me.

    Thanks for your precious time and experience!
    from my experiences some images simply cannot be written under mac os x. i tried but failed every time. i simply use m$ platform for this things...

  9. #29
    gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,630
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 2,586 Times in 176 Posts

    Re: Navteq 2010-2011 (VDO-BMW-Opel-Renault)

    Quote Originally Posted by zzack3 View Post
    I don't thing the information I gave was non sense!
    I will try to convince yout that it is absolute nonsense:

    • The images are all mountable. No problem whatsoever. Images are made by Ultraiso and are already classified as Mode 2 images. If you cannot mount them, find a computer that can and look at a Windows machine at the same time where you can use a "normal cd writing program"
    • Why would you want to mount the image anyway? Just open the image in a cd writing program and off you go!
    • It is not necessary to even suggest overburning. What purpose would that serve? All images are much smaller than the actual 700 Mb on a blank cd which is by the way calculated with 2048 bytes per sector in stead of 2352 in a mode 2 image. So on a 700 Mb cd you can fit a 800 Mb image!
    • The car uses Non C-IQ cd's, exactly what is posted here. To suggest you have the wrong car-CD combination is wrong
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Navteq 2010-2011 (VDO-BMW-Opel-Renault)

    Quote Originally Posted by gazo View Post
    Your system is an OEM unit similar to the MS4200
    This is a non c-iq radio and originally came with a 6 cd set for Europe (Monchrome edition)

    You can safely use the cd's posted here
    I burned the maps with ImgBurn on Windows 7 (32bits) without problems and I have tested it today and it works perfect.
    Thank you very much Gazo!!

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 27th February 2012, 14:22
  2. 28th January 2012, 08:20
  3. 16th December 2011, 05:48
  4. 7th December 2011, 14:52
  5. 7th December 2011, 13:45
  6. 3rd December 2011, 09:59
  7. 2nd December 2011, 21:55
  8. 15th October 2011, 12:59
  9. 9th October 2011, 15:25
  10. 23rd August 2011, 11:17
  11. 9th August 2011, 14:04
  12. 5th August 2011, 08:25
  13. 26th July 2011, 14:59
  14. 11th June 2011, 10:31
  15. 9th June 2011, 07:15
  16. 4th June 2011, 17:21
  17. 30th May 2011, 13:11
  18. 29th May 2011, 13:44
  19. 14th May 2011, 20:39
  20. 8th May 2011, 21:46
  21. 12th April 2011, 07:45
  22. 11th April 2011, 20:44
  23. 29th March 2011, 09:25
  24. 25th March 2011, 16:02
  25. 21st March 2011, 16:55
  26. 13th March 2011, 20:30
  27. 28th February 2011, 17:56

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •