Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Opel CD 70 software update

die
    die is offline Master Sergeant
    Thanks

Opel CD 70 software update

Hello,

I've tried the Eastern Europe cd in a Astra H with CD 70 navi system (color display) and there is no way I could see the map. I can only see the arrows (not the detailed ones) and if I select to also see the map, I get a black screen instead, no matter how long I wait for.
    I suppose the software needs to be upgraded since I tried the same cd on my astra H with same cd 70 color navi system and there is no problem with displaying the full map or the detailed arrows. For that I will need a software update image if you have it... Also, the only difference I could saw was the fact that the BC is activated on my car and not on the car with the problem.
    Since I'm new here please correct me if I shouldn't post here or anything else it could be wrong.

Many thanks!
    Congo and voroslaci like this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to die For This Useful Post:

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,665 Times in 188 Posts

Re: Opel CD 70 software update

I appreciate your concern but the thought that an update may be required is nonsense
    There should be no difference in operation of the two units and the only software-update ever published concerns the radio, some very minor bugs and postcode entry

The problem probably lies with that you have written a poor copy that is recognized by one and not the other unit
    Has your unit been operating with copies for a long time and was smoking allowed in your car?
    A progessive serious wear of the laser lens and/or soiling would be cause of this problem
    You either change or clean the laser or revert to the use of originals

You can also attempt to write another copy on a better dvd writer since most copies are only barely legible for a navigation CD reader

I don't mind that you are using abbreviations but please explain what BC means since this is not commonly known to people that drive a normal (non-Opel)car
    Last edited by gazo; 27th October 2010 at 16:39.
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

die
    Thanks

First of all want to thank you for your clear answear.
    Secondly, I have a few comments:
    - I'm afraid that the poor copy possible situation is not suitable in this case since the car has the same behaviour with the original Great Britain navigation CD (the car was imported from Great Britain and has its steering wheel on the right side which is another difference I didn't mention because I considered isn't important in our discussion). Also the car can read the map and its able to guide through the acoustic signals and arrows which reinforces the idea that the cd copy is good although isn't able to display the map like I said.
    - Cleaning or changing the laser lens may be a solid solution for this issue
    - the BC is the Board Computer. Once it is activated offers you a lot of information from various hidden test screens (Graphical Info Display) that you can access only when it's activated, until range, real spead....anyway, I still don't have any clue to tell me I can blame it, I've listed it only at the differences between the two cars.

Bananengourmet is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Your "problem" car did it come from factory with the CD70 and CID or is it a mod?
    Maybe you are missing the RGB cable which is ONLY for the maps indication.

Remove your CD70, which is easy to do and check if there is a cable attached on the right hand side of the back.
    It should be black with a black connector that has a 90° angle on the connector housing. Has 10 contacts.
    If it is there make sure it is properly attached. Next should be checking if it is properly attached to the display.

If it is not there you would have to buy one. Available from Opel for a tiny 90 € or so.

From my point of view it is NOT a software problem neither a CD issue.
    Last edited by Bananengourmet; 28th October 2010 at 07:44.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    the car has the same behaviour with the original Great Britain navigation CD
    Thanks for clearing this which you should have mentioned in the first place

Also the car can read the map and its able to guide through the acoustic signals and arrows which reinforces the idea that the cd copy is good although isn't able to display the map like I said.
    This is also new to me since you did not mention that guidance was in fact functioning correctly

die
    Thanks

Your "problem" car did it come from factory with the CD70 and CID or is it a mod?
    It came from the factory with the CD70.

Remove your CD70, which is easy to do and check if there is a cable attached on the right hand side of the back.
    It should be black with a black connector that has a 90° angle on the connector housing. Has 10 contacts.
    If it is there make sure it is properly attached. Next should be checking if it is properly attached to the display.
    It makes 100% sense what you've just said. This is a car of a friend which I'm trying to help. I will talk with him to convince that he should remove the unit and check the respective connectors. Maybe someone repaired the unit in the past and forgot to connect the RGB cable properly or just the pins oxidized over the years....
    Thanks.

hell is offline Lieutenant General
    Thanks

yeah, at digital-kaos.co.uk a guy had a similar problem, just with the slight difference that the map was not blacked out but badly miscoloured, he also had a problem with the above mentioned rgb cable, after fixing the 2 pins the picture was perfect

Roksab is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

I have original cd update 10/2007 (last software) for cd70 and dvd90...
    I can to upload if someone is want.
    And CD is about 10e in Opel dealer.

Thanks

MAguayo and Vycas like this.

hell is offline Lieutenant General
    Thanks

Actually the 1.2008 is the language(-only) cd and xx.xx.2007 is the radio software update. the last version is 10.10.2007. there is no difference regarding the NAV software between the 04.04.2007 disc and the one released on 10.10.2007, changes have only been made to the radio/bluetooth

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hell For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 24th March 2012, 02:07
  2. 24th November 2011, 14:38
  3. CD70
    Refback This thread
    9th April 2011, 20:55
  4. 11th March 2011, 18:44