GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insignia NS-CNV43 and Miopocket 4.0 R53

dohcacr is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Insignia NS-CNV43 and Miopocket 4.0 R53

Title should have read Insignia NS-CNV43 and Miopocket 4.0 R63

FWIW, Miopocket 4.0 R63 works amazingly well on the Insignia NS-CNV43. The installation is routine, and the CNV43 installation is even covered in the readme file. If your not familar with Miopocket 4.0, it has a new skin interface named iphonetoday, that mimics the iphone's sliding windows. Miopocket 4.0 has really become quite sophisticated, and refined. There are a few applets that don't work because of the hardware limitations of the cnv43, and a few more because of as yet unsolved bugs, but probably 95% of the Miopocket functionality is available on the cnv43.

For the basic cnv43 menu, I prefer the xtyler's simple universal sd unlock menu for it's symplicity, but it's nice to have a Miopocket selection on your xtyler menu for access to all the cool tools, and media apps. It's also great for impressing your iphone needy friends. If your going to install a couple nav apps and Miopocket on your cnv43, it's probably best to upgrade to a 4gb sd card, and if you intend to use the media functions of Miopocket extensively, 8gb would be better.

If you have problems getting Miopocket to run in a stand-alone condition(I did) you can install the NS-CNV43 SD UNLOCK and run it from that menu. It works fine that way.

Miopocket 4.0 R63 Download
    Last edited by dohcacr; 13th September 2010 at 16:50.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dohcacr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Insignia NS-CNV43 and Miopocket 4.0 R53

I am having a problem with it wanting to install every time i turn it on.
    I did this:
    Open up MioAutoRun\MioPocket.ini, look under the [Unlock] section and set ResetAfterInstall to 0. That will prevent installation from resetting the device and will launch MioPocket without the reset. Note that the reset is required for some things in MioPocket to work as intended (because some important registry settings don't take effect until the next startup), so you should not disable this setting unless your device gets stuck in an install-reset-install loop. For those who do disable it, understand that doing so is more of a workaround than a real fix and do not be surprised if not *everything* in MioPocket works.

It was already set to 0. any suggestions.

Thanks

Thanks

Your questions about Miopocket are best directed to Osprey @ the GPSPassion Forum.

Thanks

Hello, the intall worked great! I am trying to use the stock Insignia GPS software but it is not working. It doesn't even come up in the program. I have a NS-CNV43. ANy help in installing it to miopocket would be great.

Thanks

Miopocket is not setup to support the NAV software that is installed on the cnv43, but you should be able to make one of the existing icons work to launch it. I'm assuming that you still have the original nav software installed on the sd card. Launch miopocket, and select MP Settings/General/Edit Navigation paths/IGO. In this case you would be using the IGO Icon to launch the Insignia software. Now browse a path to Storage Card/WLNANavi480_272/WLNA_Navi.exe and click OK. That's all there is to it. Now your IGO icon should launch the insignia software.

raf_leon9 is offline Private
    Thanks

excellent contribution
    thanks
    I served

Thanks

Hi,

I have 2 CNV43, but can't install the miopocket.
    I have the Media and MioAutoRun folders in the top of the sd card, and the MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe inside the CNAV folder, with both MioAutoRun.something renamed to CNAVClient.something.
    I put the sd into the gps, turn it on and it keep showing me the image requesting the sd card, it's still asking for the sd even having it inside already.

Does somebody know what i'm doing wrong?

Thank you.

Thanks

For a NS-CNV43 the directory on your sd card should be named WLNANavi480_272 and MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr renamed to
    WLNA_Navi.exe and WLNA_Navi.mscr respectively.

alins is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

I just purchased a refurbished Insignia NS-CNV43 from cowboom.com - it's their daily deal at $24.99 shipped free.

I'm a newbie and would GREATLY appreciate step by step instructions on how to unlock this unit, and put the latest updated US/North America maps on it (from where?). I need it to work just as a fast and reliable GPS device, not as a media player, etc.

dohcacr, I don't think you remember me, but some months ago you graciously helped me unlock and install new updated maps on an NS-NAV01. This NS-CNV43 is my second purchase ...

Thanks a million!

Paul
    Last edited by alins; 24th December 2011 at 01:20.

Thanks

Do you want to install a menu system, or just automatically launch the GPS program when the device is turned on?

If the later is what your interested in;

1) Copy your Igo directory from your NAV01 to the CNV43.
    2) Now name the IGO directory WLNANavi480_272.
    3) Rename the igo executable WLNA_Navi.exe
    4) If you have a device.nng file in the root of your igo directory, delete it.
    5) If your setting up IGO Primo, delete the /save directory, and the copy the primo sys.txt(below) in your IGO Primo root directory(rename it, of course).
    6) If your setting up IGO8, copy the igo8_sys.txt(below) in your IGO8 root directory(rename it, of course).
    7) Restart your GPS and hope for the best!

I think that should be about all that you need. Keep in mind that these instructions are untried, so if you encounter problems just post here, and I'll try to help you.

Merry Christmas
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dohcacr; 24th December 2011 at 17:07.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast