GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By giorgos100s

Thread: unlock MEDION MDPNA200

marcoco is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

unlock MEDION MDPNA200

Hi,who can help me to unlock and install tomtom or igo8 on MEDION MDPNA200 ?

tHANKS

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marcoco For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: unlock MEDION MDPNA200

Which operting system your Medion runs? Have you card slot or not?
    I have Medion GoPal P4425 PNA which runs Win CE 5.0. I unlocked my device very easy.
    Apart original Medion navigation software I can run now iGO8, Mireo ViaGPS and whatever I like.
    Check it out and come back.

Thanks

hi i'm srry but i have medion with win CE 5.0 with card slot and i need to download igo 8 could you please tell me how ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by egyptweed1 View Post
    hi i'm srry but i have medion with win CE 5.0 with card slot and i need to download igo 8 could you please tell me how ?
    Suppose you can unlock your PNA very easy.
    You just need 4 'CE Desktop' files (with modified names for your Medion) stored in root of your SD card. Please send me a PM i will provode you full instructions.

Brgds

Thanks

i used mio pocket by putting it on the card and i made a reset but nothin happened and i put i go 8 on the sd card but nothin also happened please tell me what to do and give me full instructions my gps is medion mdpna 465 i bought it from germany ............ thnx again

Noki Severgun is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Hi,
    I have Medion GPS MBPNA240T with wince 4.2 os and I need to unlock it (to see the win os). I've tried with CE Desktop on the sd card but it wont start. Does anyone knows how to unlock?

Thanks

Go to this site
    GpsPasSion Forums - Customizing the Medion PNA 150 / Transonic

This is the way i customised the medion
    DOWNLOAD THE FILES REQUIRED FROM THIS DISCUSSION GROUP
    GpsPasSion Forums - Customizing the Medion PNA 150 / Transonic

The procedure is virtually the same for the Medion 200 MD95900.

1 - Connect the Medion 200 MD95900 to your PC via ActiveSync and click 'explore'
    2 - Copy via active sync the file showtaskbar.exe to the windows/start-up directory.
    After copying the file do a soft reset. (Reset your device using the stylus (unscrew the end of the stylus to reveal the reset pin! and poke it in the hole on the top of the Medion).
    3. Copy 'regedit.exe' from the .zip file and paste into \Windows\StartUp.
    4. Copy 'modified.reg' into the 'Medion' folder on the device
    5. Soft Reset your device using the stylus
    6. When the Medion reboots it will automatically launch Regedit. Click 'File | Import' and then locate the 'Medion' folder in the files and folders selection list and double click to open. You will see the 'modified.reg' file we copied in Step 4, double-click to import.
    7. Locate regedit.exe in \Windows\StartUp. Cut this file and paste into \Windows\Programs .
    8. Locate Setting.exe in the 'Medion' folder, right-click and select 'Create Shortcut'. Copy the 'Shortcut to Setting.exe' file that is created as a result and paste into \Windows\Desktop. Repeat this process for 'MNAVDECE.exe' also located in the 'Medion' folder and 'MP3Player.exe' located in \Windows
    locate 'showtaskbar.exe' in \Windows\Startup and Select “create shortcut” paste the shortcut to Showtaskbar.exe into \Windows\Desktop .
    9. Finally, reset your device once more with the stylus and it will boot to the WinCE desktop with shortcuts to the 4 applications you had before. If you hold your stylus at the bottom left of the screen on the thin grey bar the WinCE taskbar will appear and you will gain access to the standard WinCE apps. If this does not work then double tap the shortcut to showtaskbar and the grey bar will appear.

Note = sometimes during soft reset the stylus calibration goes out of sync and it is difficult to access the correct programs – double click on the shortcut to settings and re-calibrate the stylus.

NOTE : DELETE GX.DLL FOR INSTALLING TOMTOM5

Hope this helps
    BalkyZH and zero-x like this.

Thanks

I tried the steps above but I have no "medion' folder on my device. Any suggestions?