GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Please help unlock my "APICAL" gps 6" 800x480 win CE6 128MB gps after MioPocket brick

mitacmio is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Please help unlock my "APICAL" gps 6" 800x480 win CE6 128MB gps after MioPocket brick

I need your help in this matter:
    I've got a "Apical" 6" 800x480 128MB gps unit with win ce6.
    I've installed a program called miopocket on my apical gps.
    It was working fine, than something happend to the sd card.
    It doesn't do anything just the first apical, the name of the manufacturer, screen comes on and nothing.
    I've tried to reformat and reinstall everything but nothing's happened.
    I got an advice on a gps forum that I have to reset the whole system.
    I need the firmware.
    I tried to contact the ebay seller and the manufacturer "APICAL" they don't want to help.
    PLEASE I'd really appreciate your help in this matter.

Regards
    Mike

dohcacr is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Re: Please help unlock my "APICAL" gps 6" 800x480 win CE6 128MB gps after MioPocket b

Did you make a backup copy of the original SD card? It's not likely that the firmware has been hurt. When the screen comes up with the manufacturers name, it's running the firmware, and looking for a specific folder and .exe file on the sd card and not finding it. If you made a backup of the original software, copy it to a good sd card and it will probably run, unless the manufacturer has a copy protection scheme installed on the sd card.

I won't get on my soapbox, but you should always make a backup, before you start messin' with the GPS software, or any other software for that matter. Hope your able to recover from this, if not, learn from it.

At a bare minimum, you need to know the name of the folder the original software was in (on the sd card) and the name of the .exe file that started the "Apical" software.
    Last edited by dohcacr; 20th December 2010 at 18:51.