GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Advice on editing/creating a Primo button for older unlocks.

sheisty is offline Private
    Thanks

Advice on editing/creating a Primo button for older unlocks.

Anybody know how to edit a button for xtylers simiple unlocks? I want to make a button for primo. I figured out how to get Primo to work with old versions of his unlock. I simply renamed Primo 1.2 folder to IGO8 and the iGO.exe to IGO8.exe. I also had to make a couple edits on sys.txt that dealt with screen resolution.

I want to create a button that will not force you to go through the name changes. I had the info stored here a while back but all that data is long gone

dohcacr is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Re: Advice on editing/creating a Primo button for older unlocks.

The information your looking for is in the ../../launchpad/ini files/mainpage.ini file. If your lucky, you may even have xtyler's README FIRST Directions and Tutorial.txt file in your unlock folder. In any case, just look at the mainpage.ini file and you should be able to figure it out with a little tinkering. I created this icon for the Primo button. Feel free to use it if you like. It was meant to go with xtyler's "metal" theme. I also have a number of unlock packages for 480x272 Insignia GPSes that you may be able to adapt to your GPS with less tinkering. Maybe as little as changing the folder name, exe name, and a few paths in the mainpage.ini file. Most of these "unlocks"(shells or menus, more accurately) have a button for IGO8 and Primo , and a number of applets. These are based on xtyler's work.

This is the information, taken from the mainpage.ini file that creates the IGO8 button;

BITMAPBUTTON
    x = 110
    y = 100
    Command = \SDMMC\iGO8\iGO8.exe
    BitmapNormal = ..\Icons\igo1.bmp
    BitmapPushed = ..\Icons\igo12.bmp

The x, and y adjust the position on the screen. Pretty simple.
    Last edited by dohcacr; 20th May 2011 at 12:40.

sheisty is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: Advice on editing/creating a Primo button for older unlocks.

I have the original instructions and such if i'm not mistaken. I was pretty good a couple years ago with gps unlocks and edits. But life consumed me and i hadn't paid much attention to it, and lost my supporting documents. I'm starting fresh again and hopefully I can have some contributions for those that need help once I get my thoughts together. Yea thats the stuff I remember give me a day or so and i'll tell you how i made out. Thanks a million!!