GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Need the SD Flash image file for the Harman Kardon GPS-810NA

DougWHolt is offline Private
    Thanks

Lightbulb Need the SD Flash image file for the Harman Kardon GPS-810NA

My GPS-810NA is a brick right now. It will turn on but it wont go past the logo screen. Ive tried getting it into the service screen by holding the power button for 20 sec's but it wont load. I can however by playing around I found a back door service menu screen by pressing and holding the volume slider while pressing the power button. But it says it's looking for the NK Image file on the SD card. If I had it I may be able to revive it. There is another menu by holding the volume slider and holding the power button for 5 seconds. This menu allows you to update the OS. Im wondering if all fails that I might be able to load a fresh install of windows ce 5.0 Then start from scratch then install igo on it. If someone has or knows where I can download this file please also include the name of the subfolder that the file resides in on the SD card.
    Thanks,
    Doug

ipaq_user is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Need the SD Flash image file for the Harman Kardon GPS-810NA

On the HarmanKardon site I can find a GPS-810NA_Software_Upgrade.zip. Unzipped it gives a GPS-810NAupgrade.exe file. I opened the file with WinRAR and in the folder NK i see four files.
    logo.nb0 logo.sig nk.nb0 and nk.sig.
    I hope these are the files you need.
    Code:
    http://www.harmankardon.com/EN-US/Products/Pages/ProductSupportDetails.aspx?PID=GPS-810NA
    The problem with the GPS810 is that every executable and dll has a corresponding .sig file. Replacing the original igo.exe with another version won't work because there is no matching .sig file.
    I haven't found a way to launch another (non .sig) file yet.
    My GPS810 is an EU version but I guess that the .sig mechanisms are the same.

Thanks

THIS WAS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!!!! AWESOME! It's working! I had to find and put these files on the SD card the Eboot.nbo, Logo.nbo, nk.nbo, and the G05_Settings.ext When I booted holding the volume slider when the menu comes it started to update the OS Image file. ITS NO LONGER A BRICK!

THANKS ipaq-user

Doug

Thanks

I guess its just one other thing I need. Almost there I need the US maps. When I turn on the unit it tries to load. I get the please wait with the progress bar. It tries to load for awhile then I get a windows dialog box that says "Map initialization error Couldn't find any map files!" Ive tried looking for the map file on my friends 810 but cant seem to find the file. Ive even tried copying every file over replacing the ones on my unit without any luck. When I get this error dialog box I can X out of it then it takes me to the source screen where I can play music, videos photos, phone, and settings. Everything works but the Navigation. Any Ideas where I can find this map file?

Thanks,
    Doug

Thanks

I think I may have it. Ive had to tweak my windows view files to show all hidden files then I was able to see the us and canada maps on my friends 810. Im now copying his maps. the copy dialog box says it's going to take 30 mins to complete then Im sure it's goin to take another 30 to upload to my 810. I'll let you know how things go later.

Thanks

Thats it guys! It's totally 100% functional. That was fun... I saw the maps are in fbl format. Since these maps are a bit old I saw if you do a search online there are a few to download. Im goin to try a few and swap my state out. Last year my city changed my street address when the city did some 911 address modifications so Ill immediately see if its a newer file than the one I have on the my 810.

Thanks again for alll your help ipaq-user,
    Doug

ipaq_user is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Red face Re: Need the SD Flash image file for the Harman Kardon GPS-810NA

Way to go Doug! Glad I could help you.

My maps (.fbl) are pretty old too.
    But if I copy newer maps to my 810, they are not recognized because the igo app is too old.
    AFAIK the 810 is running a modified version of igo2006.
    Using another (newer) igo doesn't work because I can't create a corresponding .sig file.
    Do you have any thoughts on this one ?
    I would be very happy if my 810 was unlocked.

Camero409 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Glad you got the thing working. I have a Harman Kardon 300 GPS. I have downloaded and installed the maps on my other indash device and they work great. When I get into the HK NAV file and paste them into maps I get an error message when I reboot "Launching Nav Failed". Is there a way to correct this?
    Last edited by Camero409; 8th August 2010 at 18:31. Reason: Different Error message now.