Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: wince 5.0 stereo gps won't read SD

say1anonly is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

wince 5.0 stereo gps won't read SD

hi,in my other two threads i ask for help with china made 1 din stereo gps wince 5.0 (more info in other threads). And not even single person helped me,so for now all i ask how can i make w5.0 unit read SD card
    cicciomilano likes this.

duffer is offline Captain
    Thanks

Re: wince 5.0 stereo gps won't read SD

First of all, people may not have been able to help you. So that might be why you never got an answer. To see the SD card in your computer's My Computer just connect your device to your computer's USB port via a cable.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to duffer For This Useful Post:

wpl

janch is offline Lieutenant
    Thanks

Some systems having troubles reading SD HC standard. Try to find normal (old school) SD card with lower transfer rate. Also maybe the size of Sd could be a problem. Try with 2 GB SD card!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to janch For This Useful Post:

wpl

Thanks

its an Chinese stereo gps,can't connect to pc even tho there is little usb port but thats for music or videos,my laptop can't detect so i thought so

7. The Following User Says Thank You to say1anonly For This Useful Post:

wpl

Thanks

yeah the one im trying to use its actually SDHC that comes with the stereo gps package.SD old school?and i tried like microsd with adapter even that did not show any sign

9. The Following User Says Thank You to say1anonly For This Useful Post:

wpl

Thanks

These systems usually uses USB port as external source for music or videos which you can listen/watch directly from the USB stick and the SD slot is mainly reserved for Navigation only! You need to install some navigation program on SD - I suggest Primo with the latest maps, but as I can see from your link to device specification (in another thread), navigation software is already installed on the original SD card! The last thing you wanna do is messing around with various unlocks such as Miopocket, because you can even brick your device! These unlocks are simply unneeded, because there is nothing "locked" on your device (from GPS aspect).

If you having troubles running even the original - preloaded software, please, make some screenshots from the original SD and we'll see what we can do!
    Last edited by janch; 10th January 2013 at 21:27.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to janch For This Useful Post:

wpl

Thanks

like i said in last thread that i was getting install option when i clicked on GPS icon.But i couldn't find .exe on the SDHC so we connected everything to stereo and gps wire,fit the unit back and then the next morning GPS icon brings black screen with pointer.i have the screen shots now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wince 5.0 stereo gps won't read SD-img_20130111_125341.jpg   wince 5.0 stereo gps won't read SD-img_20130111_125407.jpg   wince 5.0 stereo gps won't read SD-img_20130111_125439.jpg  

13. The Following User Says Thank You to say1anonly For This Useful Post:

wpl

Thanks

From the pictures it looks like a calibration screen. Touch and hold your finger on the center of the cross, and release it when it moves to another corner. Repeat the gesture on all corners and your screen will be calibrated which maybe the case! Also make some screens from the content of the original SD. And I notice one more thing - on picture which shows the main menu, I can see there is "NO SD". Did you actually had the original SD in the slot at that point? If yes, there is a big chance for a faulty SD slot or maybe just an SD itself...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to janch For This Useful Post:

wpl

Thanks

well i did played around with screen before and saw that pointer move from middle to left top corner then left bottom,right bottom right top and back to middle(that happens no matter where i click on screen)but nothing changes.its original SDHC and to be honest this card has been formatted few times,as i was trying to install miopocket on it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to say1anonly For This Useful Post:

wpl

Thanks

First of all you obviously having troubles with the calibration procedure. As I say, tap and hold your finger on the cross which is started at the middle of the screen. Do not release your finger until the cross is moved into the next position which is top left corner - than again press and hold your finger on the cross until it's moved into bottom left..and so on trough all the corners! When the the screen is properly calibrated, you'll get the message and changes are saved!

Second, If you didn't make a full backup of the SD before you decide to mess around with the the original file structure, I just don't know what you were thinking. It's a primary rule to always make a full backup of the entire original SD card before you tent to experiment with the GPS software. Now you lost a valuable information about the file structure of the original SD which could told you how you must configure new software, for eg. iGO Primo. Check in the main menu of your system if there is an option to manually set a path to Navi software. If you find that option, you are saved, otherwise you need to know the name of the main navigation folder and .exe file, so you can prepare a new configuration of the navigation software..

19. The Following User Says Thank You to janch For This Useful Post:

wpl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast