GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Newbie with Mio C310 and outdated maps

Thanks

Newbie with Mio C310 and outdated maps

I am surprised to see that this thread was not already started because Circuit City sold a ton of these about 5 years ago on Black Friday for $99.

I have the Mio DigiWalker C310, and I have updated the maps once, but Mio has not released any more updates. It appears as though the device is dead to them. (ifI am wrong, please point me to where they are offering updated maps).

The maps I have installed are 3 years old, and a lot of roads have changed. I would like to update, can any kind hearted soul walk me through the process?

Thanks from a newbie.

I have access to a PC running XP and a PC running Windows 7.

Beartraxx33 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: Newbie with Mio C310 and outdated maps

google easy mio unlock v2 from there you can have access to many gps programms and free maps from this site... if you want to stay with the mio program use this site , it has a mio section. good luck

Thanks

Thanks BearTraxx, I found out how to unlock the Mio unit, now this may sound dumb.......but, since this device is running Windows CE, can I 'reprogram' it into a Garmin or TomTom? If so, the Storage Memory displays 11,840KB allocated, 308KB in use and 50,612KB allocated in Program Memory and 8,500KB in Use in Program Memory. Is this enough memory?

Sorry for what may seem like some dumb questions, but if you don't ask, you don't learn.

Thanks.

Beartraxx33 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Newbie with Mio C310 and outdated maps

Quote Originally Posted by kingkub View Post
    Thanks BearTraxx, I found out how to unlock the Mio unit, now this may sound dumb.......but, since this device is running Windows CE, can I 'reprogram' it into a Garmin or TomTom? If so, the Storage Memory displays 11,840KB allocated, 308KB in use and 50,612KB allocated in Program Memory and 8,500KB in Use in Program Memory. Is this enough memory?

Sorry for what may seem like some dumb questions, but if you don't ask, you don't learn.

Thanks.
    GarminXT is the only program i have problemes with. cause tou have to go through windows to start it. i have checked many numerous posts to see if i can autstart it but with no sucess. you will need at least 1.5 gb of space to fit a map + program.

Tomtom Mobile would be the best choice since the maps are smaller in size and the program 900mb depending on country. auto starts when programmed with the unlock interface. check the post here: !! or
    . make sure you read the instructions carfully, if you have any problems i'll be glad to help further.
    Last edited by Beartraxx33; 21st June 2010 at 17:39.

Thanks

The link should point to fixmygps.net, not .com