GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Magellan Maestro 3200 Help

Thanks

Magellan Maestro 3200 Help

My father had a Magellan Maestro 3200 that he had been using for a few years, but recently got a newer GPS and simply gave me the MM3200. He said he could never figure out how to update the maps and that if I could find any use in it that I could keep it.

It seems to work just fine and is in great condition, but a lot of the maps are a few years old and some businesses and street names are out of date. I was looking at updating it, but it looks like it could cost around $80 dollars to buy the maps directly from Magellan -- which that's half the price of a newer, nicer, GPS, so it seems like too much trouble.

Is there any way to update these maps? Also, I've seen some videos on YouTube of "iGo". I assume that's a GPS system that must be somewhat better considering that a lot of people were acting like it was such a big deal. How would I go about getting that on my 3200 model?

Sorry if I seem vague. I'm new to the GPS world and I'm still learning. I was recommended these forums by a friend and he said he had good luck with the place and it seems quite helpful.

Anyways, thanks for your time.

Thanks

Re: Magellan Maestro 3200 Help

It looks like your not the only one who would like to find out about that system. I also have the same model. MM3200c I tried to update the firmware right from the Magellan site and after I updated the unit doesn't work...it pissed me off too. it was fine just a little out of date, now it just tells me that the Navigator is not compatible. and won't do anything. So I now have a paperweight.

Thanks

I know somebody out there knows SOMETHING about these systems or a compatible version for these systems SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. IF YOU HELP US OUT YOU WILL FIND SOME MONEY IN YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

Thanks

Wow.. its an ollld thread, but I'm going to reply anyway.. I just bricked my maestro 3200c and am hoping someone replies with a way to get it working. I accidentally formatted the HDD without having a backup.