GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: TT7 on MEDION PNA460T (WinCE5) : GPS device not detected

Thanks

TT7 on MEDION PNA460T (WinCE5) : GPS device not detected

Hello
    I've successufully instaled TT7 on my MEDION PNA460T device runing on WinCE5, but the problem faced now is that TT does not find the GPS device.
    Whatever the GPS configuration is, when in "GPS status" screen, TT dispalys : "No GPS device!"
    Based on severl searches on Internet, the norml GPS configuration should be :
    Other NMEA GPS receiver
    4800 bds
    GPS_COM port

Sometimes, with this configuration, the GPS device seems to be detected (TT displays "Poor GPS reception- ..."), but quickly it locks, and back to "No GPS device"

GPS works fine with legacy GoPal3 navigation SW installed on the PNA

I've tested for completeness all possible combinaitions (GPS, baud rate, port), but with no success

I welcome any suggestion

Best regards

chaccamacca is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: TT7 on MEDION PNA460T (WinCE5) : GPS device not detected

You van try Other NMEA GPS receiver, 4800 Baudrate and GPS HWCOM. Than you have to see in the right upper corner a bleu/yellow little circle that is turning .
    When the little blue/yellow circle is not turning you have to try another com port untill the little blue/yellow circle is turning.
    When it is turning it can take a while for the GPS to connect, have patience.

Thanks

Thank you for answer. This is the exact configuration I'm using, but the yellow circle is not turning.
    I've installed MioPocket3.0 giving me access to other GPS utilities and all of them are fixing correctly the satellites.
    So I suspect that TT7 is not able to correctly collect data from GPS_COM port. It behaves as it is hanging up, clicking on the screen makes it responding again.
    I've tried with TT7.4 also, same behavior
    I will do other tests

Thanks

Most Medion PNA's (at least ones I have seen) all have the GPS on Com2 at 57600 bps... Just a thought.