GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Nextar M3-04 GPS Thread - Can another NAV Software be used instead of Navteq?

Thanks

Question Nextar M3-04 GPS Thread - Can another NAV Software be used instead of Navteq?

Has anyone used iGO or another Navigation software on a Nextar M3-04?

Nextar dropped support and NAVTEQ map upgrades for it and are forcing M3-xx users to send in their units (plus $80) to get one of their new units.

Since the Nextar M3-04 device is WinCE and is easily accessible through Windows 7 Mobility Center (so you can use CERegEdit and change the Launch50 registry key from "launch.exe" to "explorer.exe" to start it in Window CE) ... is it possible to use another navigation application to extend the life of the M3-04 device?

If any Nextar M3-xx users have, please post how. Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Nextar M3-04 GPS Thread - Can another NAV Software be used instead of Navteq?

I see that your topic is from several months ago, but I believe what you want to do is possible.

I have a Nextar Q4-01, which also runs Windows CE 5 and I've just gotten it to load TomTom software. I imagine your unit is similar since it's the same name brand and running the same OS.

Thanks

Re: Nextar M3-04 GPS Thread - Can another NAV Software be used instead of Navteq?

Could u expalin how u got tomtom working?
    Thanks

Thanks

Yes please explain.