GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maps for Oziexplorer

Thanks

Maps for Oziexplorer

Hi,

What maps type should I download to be used with Oziexplorer? I have an old laptop pc in my 4x4, and would like to see where I'm at on a map. Don't need no fancy navigation options like voice guidance etc..
    Last edited by Heering80; 2nd August 2010 at 19:27.

dddarren is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: Maps for Oziexplorer

Read these will help you
    http://forum.********.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=31548
    http://forum.********.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=31552

In google search Maps for Oziexplorer there are a lot maps wont let me post the linls here
    Last edited by dddarren; 2nd August 2010 at 07:33.

Thanks

Thanks dddarren,

Lots of maps for Ozi, but Finland seems to be such a remote place, that no-one bothers to make maps of it

hulio is offline Master Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heering80 View Post
    Hi,

What maps type should I download to be used with Oziexplorer? I have an old laptop pc in my 4x4, and would like to see where I'm at on a map. Don't need no fancy navigation options like voice guidance etc..
    What country?
    I have thousands of maps for Australia
    including marine Maps for east coast australia

You can use OZIMAPGRABBER to get Maps and automatically calibrates the maps and its FREE
    you can get it the Application HERE

I have started to convert Garmin City Navigator to Oziexplorer (LOT OF WORK)
    AntBoy1979 has done a sample of Garmin Blue Charts

And this is a Different Marine charts Set i am working on as well

Last edited by hulio; 11th August 2010 at 08:52.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hulio For This Useful Post:

MagicJohansson is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heering80 View Post
    Thanks dddarren,

Lots of maps for Ozi, but Finland seems to be such a remote place, that no-one bothers to make maps of it
    So You are from Finland ?
    I have some 1:16000 maps I have downloaded from kansalaisen.karttapaikka.fi and converted to ozfx3, throw me a private message and we can do some co-operation

Thanks

Would anyone have maps suitable for use with OziExplorer for Europe and particularly the UK? I have some maps for France.
    Thanks.

Thanks

Hi all,
    I have scanned and calibrated paper maps using Oziexplorer for pc, then transferred them to several portable devices running Ozi CE ( Unlocked Mio and HTC HD2).

It's a bit laborious, but I do it for West Australia because the printed maps have much more info on them. Easiest on an A3 scanner, but I use an A4. Carefully fold map so its flat ( I weight it down on the glass with a large and heavy book, Leaving the scanner lid open so it's out of the way) This is needed to keep the map dead flat to avoid distortions in the images.
    As you scan each section make sure there is an overlap in both directions of the scanned area. Once the full map has been scanned, and each image is saved to your hard drive, as JPEG, open your image editing software and begin to assemble the images into one image. Slow and careful is the best approach, make sure you line everything up exactly, and as you add each section to the image you are creating, merge it all together before you begin to add the next. This will help you avoid tearing your hair out with frustration when you accidently move the wrong image section. :-)

Once the image is fully assembled, save the image as jpeg in 256 color mode. I can't remember the resolution I ended up using, but start low and increase res until the image detail is clear ( the lower the res the quicker the map will run on your mobile device.

Finally, open the image in Oziexplorer on the PC, and calibrate the map image. (Tutorial for this is on the website) Don't forget to mark the corners of the actual map image during this process or you'll find yourself navigating through the legend part of the map!......Not much use.

I've done this with a few 1-50k maps, and also for a state wide map, which I use to drill down to more detailed maps as required. The process works a treat, but a bit slow. good for older maps which carry details that have been removed from newer maps as well ( old mining claims etc). If you can source any survey or possible military printed sheets you could do the same.
    Good luck
    Sinkhole

Thanks

Any road map of USA for Oziexplorer?

Thanks

G'day Hulio, I'd love to get a copy of the City Navigator maps if possible. Also if you want to compare collections maybe I have something you would like also. PM me.

rossi790 is offline Private
    Thanks

Hi, is there anywhere i can download a unlocked version of oziexplorer? want to install it on my imported gps unit..tried alsorts but been un sucessful
    Many thanks all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast