GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Some help with Argos Alios

geoca is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Some help with Argos Alios

I'm sorry if i posted in the wrong section and i ask the admin please to move it if it's the case.My problem is a f...ing gps unit wich gives me headake.It's an Argos Alios wich at first camed with the resident flash erased.I tried to copy the "original" files wich i found on the internet back on unit and after the reset the device got frozen.Now it doesn't boot,connect,basically nothing.It freezes at startup with the image of the "beast".I can get the unit in "flash mode" by keeping the power pressed while reset.I found some driver to work on flash mode but i can't find the tool and the wince image to write.The "flash" drivers are attached bellow.I tried hard reset and it doesn't do nothing.I do strong believe there are missing some files on the windows directory aswell.Well at least i suspect the "cool" guy who "worked" on this gps made a real gameboy out it.If anyone have an ideea i am open to suggestions....

Airion is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,997 Times in 512 Posts

Re: Some help with Argos Alios

Give the following information -

1) Device resolution
    2) WinCe version if known
    3) Any idea of previous software used.
    4) Does device connects to PC via USB and does it appears as a drive on explorer
    5) Loaded up the " original software " you found on the net.

Thanks

Sh...it.WTH.Yesterday i pulled out the battery for a few minutes and nothing.For the night i left it ON and today when i charged it made the hardreset itself. .Now it's in the state of how it camed to me.I found a full backup and will try it,and play a little with the resident flash now i know how to "hardreset".I upload some pictures of the unit and will keep posted how the things worked out with the "beast"
    Last edited by geoca; 31st March 2011 at 08:59.

Thanks

Well it seems i can't find a good backup (.stg) of the device including the backup of all the folders with windows,flash disk.Maybe can someone give a hand.Anyone?

Thanks

still nothing with the "paperweight"......does someone can get hands on an similar unit to help us?copy and backup of a working device or even help with some registry mod to get at leat in wince.....HEEELLLPPPP