Radars Europe November 2011
• Download the following file: Update file Radars Europe November 2011
• Unzip this file to a blank USB stick. There must be nothing on it!
• The USB memory stick or two folders: Folders and UPG
• The USB memory stick or two files: POI.INF and POI_VER.POI
• Plug the USB drive in your car and waits
What exactly does this update?
• This update includes the speed camera files 11/3/2011 of the Benelux
• This update includes the speed cams of Europe in October 2011
Changelog (or improvements)
• displayed text is changed to: Street to City
• Each speed camera has its own speed, visible from the road picture in the message.
• Trajectory Controls are marked with a beginning and an end marker
• Notification "Sales Copyright forbidden ... etc." is removed
Last edited by sbcobra; 21st November 2011 at 11:38.
The speedcam update takes forever on my DS4, so long I stopped after an hour ... What could be the problem?
here the German speedcams
RT6 German - Speedy Share - upload your files here
put the 012 from the map POi_USER into the POI_USER MAP from my upload en load them all into the car
Doesn't help: same thing, keeps 'loading' forever...
This a know bug on RT6... Wait & see. We can't update anymore since this bug isn't fixed. The RT6 doesn't allow us to update it more than 1 time...
Maybe someone will discover how to do a factory reset...
Thanks! I'll try to wait
Thanks for the Radar link.
Yesterday I've installed my FIRST radars base on my new C4. So it worked like a charm in less than 2 minutes.
I'll try this new base and told you guys if Im able to install it or if Im blocked like others are!
I have the firmware RNEG2.1.G.5
One other thing to comment is that this base bring more upgrade scripts than the one I installed yesterday! I've installed the free french base from Tomtomax: Le site francophone n°1 sur les GPS Tomtom.
So I'll try with the version you posted untouched and then without the "extra" files. I haven't see how the original update from citroen looks like, so I can't tell for sure that this will work.
I'll keep you in touch!
I've made the test.
In the end I have just copied all folders in MAPPE\POI_USER\0XX except the 002 folder, on the usb key I used yesterday. I kept the one I had on my pendrive. I did this to keep the POI base I've installed yesterday.
Then I went to the car with fingers crossed. The update has been detected without issues so I started it. Of course, as I didn't use the UPG files included in the first post zip for the car it was like flashing the same update. It tooks a bit more than the first because there were more files to copy. But in the end the update finished ok, again in less than 2minutes. It was my second update.
So i'm thinking in 3 option:
- there is really a bug on some cars fixed on last models. (mine is from beginning of october)
- once you have installed the first update, the car keep the ID and stuff that comes with the update. And then you're only able to update from the same source. This can explain why people who first installed update from internet are unable to install official update then! But to confirm that, I need that people who are not able to install any more update try to reinstall the same version that is yet installed on their cars. And see if it works! If so, they just need to update the POI_USER\0XX folders but without touching any other files/folders.
- citroen has blocked the system to be able to install only XX updates, but i don't think so!
My car is from October too but I have this bug... I already tried to reinstall the same version (tomtomax full 28th october) I already installed but I keep the loading message... So no fix for me ;(
Last edited by kevin8622; 22nd November 2011 at 20:33.