Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By neildunne

Thread: Peugeot RT4 Software Update....7.10 to 8.20?

Thanks

Peugeot RT4 Software Update....7.10 to 8.20?

Hi guys, i have just done a Peugeot RT4 software update from 7.10 to 8.20. Can anyone please explain if the update has added anything different because everything still looks and acts exactly the same before i done the update......Thanks for your time :-)
    Bidule likes this.

Thanks

Re: Peugeot RT4 Software Update....7.10 to 8.20?

Hello NeilDunne, Did you ever get an answer to thei post? I want to do do the same update to my RT4 but I read in other threads that I must update to 8.11 software first.

wit_old1 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wheepee View Post
    Hello NeilDunne, Did you ever get an answer to thei post? I want to do do the same update to my RT4 but I read in other threads that I must update to 8.11 software first.
    I updated from 7.11 to 8.20 my RT4 w/o any problems. What I have discovered the indicator/animation of open bonnet disappeared (I have car with original auto alarm). Maybe there is some solution how to return it. In 7.11 it was working.

Thanks

I bit the bullet at the weekend and applied the update to 8.20. Everything went ok, but it took 30-40 minutes rather than the 15-20 as suggested.

I checked the open door on-screen animation before update and an open bonnet did not show up, before the update or after the update (all the doors and the boot show ok).

There is a difference in the Peugeot logo on power up. Also when selecting the CD player, with no CD installed, it comes up with a message about the CD changer, which wasn't there before.

The one big difference that I have noticed is that the hard disk doesn't appear to power down unless the radio goes into "economy mode". It used power down after a few seconds after stopping the engine but now I have listened for nearly 5 minutes and it still had not powered off. It was running again when I opened the car later, so it either continued to run or started up again as soon as I unlocked the car.

Anyone notice this on their RT4 system?

Thanks

Just to update this. The drive does eventually power down, after 5-10 minutes.

I have also noticed another, good, thing about this update. Previously, with 7.10 software, the radio didn't always connect to my phone SIM card on first switch on and I had to remove the SIM and re-insert it to have it recognised. Now it is connecting every time.

wit_old1 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

hello wheepee - do you have original auto-alarm installed by manufacturer? If open bonnet was not animated before update it's logically to not have after. In my cause it was animated before.
    Logo was changed for Citroen too. 8.20 is starting faster than 7.10. I hear some noise after engine stop and audio off but I'm not sure if it's HD or fan only.