Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Update for the USB Box accessory (part 9702 EZ) to software version V3.04

bogwol is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Update for the USB Box accessory (part 9702 EZ) to software version V3.04

Quote Originally Posted by wrobijns View Post
    Don't buy it. I wouldn't buy it again.
    It works but you don't see MP3 tags at all.
    I have an USB stick with songs called "Number 1" to "Number 1503"
    Quite useless......
    you have right

jcrsantos is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Just rename the file to USPA_UPD.ROM and it worked like a charm...30 seconds and thats it !!!

Thanks

Would someone kindly upload to a new host or seed the torrent please? I can't access the netload site and the torrent is dead.

Thanks

Hi all,

This is a very good thread which helped me a lot to do the upgrade my USB BOX (installed on Peugeot 407 SW from 2009) from V3.03 to V 3.04.

So would like to share my experience.

The USB stick I used is a 2GB with a full format (not quick formatting) in FAT32.

I used the initial post from Eendmans (many thanks!) to do the 3 steps (check version, upgrade, check version) but I had to do minor changes to the step 1 and 3.

If the stick is totally empty and formated, the USB-BOX did not create the 2 additional files (GW_DBA.BIN and GW_EES.BIN) and a folder as expected.
    However after puting one single MP3 song on the root of the stick, the USBBOX then generated the two files above but no folder.
    As already reported by wrobijns (many thanks!) opening the BIN file with a notepad shows the version installed.
    In my case it was 3.03

The step 2 worked by following the post from Eendmans and I repeated step 1 to check with the notepad that the new version was installed.

This new version seems to remove a compatibility issue with the Iphone 4 whereby everytime a new song was played, the power supply was briefly interrupted leading to the usual beeping or vibrating of the iphone. This seems now to be gone now and the power supply seems to remain constant despite switching songs....

I hope my post helps some of you.

Bye
    eendmans likes this.

vborovic is offline Lieutenant
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Update for the USB Box accessory (part 9702 EZ) to software version V3.04

Sorry for digging up this old post, but since I've also put the USB BOX in my car, and update to the latest version, here's my view on it:

I would like to think that the USB BOX firmware developers are really close to solving the problem with not displaying the song (track) names on the display ... my reasoning is that since the database files that are generated on the usb stick have all the data (song name, even album name) for all the content that gets found by the BOX on the stick, it would seem that they're missing a few inches more in the code, just to add the possibility of sending the ID3 data to the radio device (in my case, a RNEG, or MyWay) ... since the device can read ID3 data from the MP3 CD (single) that gets put into the radio device itself, and it should read the ID3 data from the CD changer (don't have one, so I can't confirm this) ... since the USB BOX is a digital (not an optical) device that substitutes the CD changer, it comes down to the latest (3.04) firmware inability to send the required data to the radio device ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vborovic View Post

... (in my case, a RNEG, or MyWay) ...

Is the USB Box 9702.EZ working with RNEG /MyWay/ radios?

I.e. with BE6428 ?

I'm asking because I see some instruction for 9702.EZ - which says, that in RNEG radios it is not working / as I can understand French/:

http://peugeot.vehiculosyrepuestos.c...s_91_1_93_.pdf
    USB Box 16 07 2009ed7bis 91 1 93.pdf - download free book from direct link - General Files

Thanks

Yes, it is working, since I have a RNEG in my car.

Thanks

Just an update, I've decided to try and contact PSA directly about some technical questions regarding the software of the USB BOX, if I receive a reply from them, I'll let you know how it goes. Basically, it is about the already mentioned idea about how (if it is possible) to provide the radio units with the ID3 information (not just displaying Track 1, Track 2 ...)

Thanks

The PSA responded within 2 days and have directed me to Magnetti Marelli as the manufacturer of the PSA used USB BOX, I've tried contacting them, but so far no reply (3 weeks)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vborovic View Post
    The PSA responded within 2 days and have directed me to Magnetti Marelli as the manufacturer of the PSA used USB BOX, I've tried contacting them, but so far no reply (3 weeks)
    Can you send me a email to Magnetti ? I'll send him massage too

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)