Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Speedcam for RT4/5 (Navidrive/Wipcom) December 2012

diabolitux is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Re: Speedcam for RT4/5 (Navidrive/Wipcom) December 2012

Well... I think it's 1,500e fine in France, they can confiscate your car and suspend your driving license for 3years.
    And in Switzerland it's almost the same, i had to pay a huge fine for this and they didn't let me enter the country. (anyway, I cannot drive in Switzerland anymore... so i doesn't really matter).

JuztSimon is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Oke thats quite a lot! I think i am going to delete them if the car works again. 002=france, 012=Germany and 013=Switzerland and Austria?

I updated the car's software (407 sw, with RT4), to 8.20. I also updates some maps to the "new" 2011-2012 maps. After that i tried installing the speedcams using a CD-RW, because I ran out of normal CD's. Now the computer of the car reboots every 10 seconds or so. Music goes on, maps shows.. i got a few seconds to change things than it reboots again and all the options are the same again. and so on..
    Have you tested the files in your own car? Have more done this? Or is it just the CD-RW which didn't work so wel?
    Anyway, i cant reset the computer myself I guess? I already pulled of the battery poll, didn't work. Needs to go to the garage to connect it to their computer i believe? what do you think?

Thanks

Oke thats quite a lot! I think i am going to delete them if the car works again. 002=france, 012=Germany and 013=Switzerland and Austria?
    YES.
    I also updates some maps to the "new" 2011-2012 maps.
    2012-2013 is available.
    i tried installing the speedcams using a CD-RW, because I ran out of normal CD's.
    Very BAD idea! RTx systems CANNOT read CD-RW properly, It's already complicated for CD-R... Did the progress bar completed during installation ?
    Have you tested the files in your own car? Have more done this?
    Of course, i've the same car, the same nav system with the same version. And many others downloaded this file. (more than 1300)
    Anyway, i cant reset the computer myself I guess? I already pulled of the battery poll, didn't work. Needs to go to the garage to connect it to their computer i believe? what do you think?
    You can reset the rt4 yourself (your car dealer know nothing about this kind of problems I can assure you).
    First, you're going to buy CD-R (good one), then you will download 8.20 update from the forum, you will burn it, and put it in the RT4, this will reset the software.
    If the update won't start (but it will) dismount the unit, let it plugged, push the two white buttons on the bottom and insert the upgrade CD.
    ALWAYS DO UPDATES WITH RUNNING ENGINE.

Your RT4 has a corrupted file in it but if it's starting, the RT4 is not dead and there is always a solution.

Keep me posted

Thanks

Thanks for the fast response! really appreciate it! I already got the 8.20 on a decent CD-R, i used the disc to update the car's software this morning from 8.11 to 8.20. I used the CD-RW because i ran out of CD-R's.
    At first the system didn't complete the progress bar, so i took out the cd and cleaned it and put it back in. The second time the system completed the total update, and also told me it was completed.
    After that it kept on rebooting.
    I will try to fix it tomorrow, i got no access to the car right now because it is in use. I really hope the system does not reboot before it has finished validating the CD, because this takes a little time. If not i will try to dismount the unit as you said.
    Stupid mistake of me to use CD-RW.. Hopefully i will get it ready before skiing next week.

About the maps, I used these files: Europe 2011-2012 RT4/RT5.
    Couldn't find a thread with the newest maps for Benelux, Germany, Central Europe. Found Spain/Portugal and France however.

One more thing, is it also possible to turn the engine of and keep the battery connected to a charger? (Just wondering).

I will keep you posted! Tomorrow its D-day!

Thanks

UPDATE:

It doesn't work, the computer tells me it is validating the cd when this message goes a way the computer fall out and reboots again. Normally the validating message goes away for a second and then the option to continue the update pops up however now the computer reboots..

I guess i need to try the white button thing.

Thanks

Oke, i tried the thing with the 2 white buttons.. Cant get it to work. pushed them separately and together.. but in the end the system just boots.. i put in the CD and than it starts validating and then it reboots again :S. Dont know what to do now..

Thanks

One more thing, is it also possible to turn the engine of and keep the battery connected to a charger? (Just wondering).
    Nope, because you will run in eco mode and the update will stop ! RUNNING ENGINE IS NEEDED
    Couldn't find a thread with the newest maps for Benelux, Germany, Central Europe. Found Spain/Portugal and France however.
    Yep, 2012-2013 is only available for south Europa on this forum.
    Oke, i tried the thing with the 2 white buttons.. Cant get it to work. pushed them separately and together.. but in the end the system just boots..
    You did it wrong, you must push the 2 white buttons together, your RT4 will go dark and you'll see "insert upgrade CD", the RT4 should not start but locked on this mode and then and only then you can insert 8.20 software, but I think your CD is corrupted (it happened to me during the 8.20 update). Burn 8.20 update cd at very LOW speed. It will work believe me.
    The other option is to buy USB cable for the unit and put upgrade software on usb key: eBay | Cable RT4 USB 2.0

Thanks
    Oké i will try again afterr dunner. So i turn on the engine, the system boots then i press the two buttons together until it turns off land tells me tot inert the upgrade cd? Or just press them for short time?

I will make a new cd now. I tot the gizmo ISO of this forum somewhere, should be good

Thanks

Press the buttons until "insert upgrade cd" is showed.

Thanks

Oke, so i got in to the menu as you described, when it tells me to insert the upgrade CD. I've burned two CD's with both the 8.20 software but downloaded from different sources found here on this forum.
    The setup of the CD's went good, told me it was down but after the restart the systeem continues to fall out after a few seconds..

I then tried burning the older software, which i know is good because it was always on there, 8.11, but it told me the CD was corrupted.. The screen only told me, insert upgrade CD, and didn't even boot.
    After this i inserted the 8.2, finished the installation again, boots, and fall out again..

The thing is, i used Sony CD-R, which my system says he can only burn at 16X as slowest possible option. I have burned the CD using windows burning tool and PowerIso.
    The verification of the files also went ok.
    Do i need to buy this usb cable? Or do i need other files? Or other cd's or find someone that is capable of burning at x4 speed :S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast