Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: NG4 PSA Navidrive 3D - Wip Com 3D PEUGEOT/CITROEN Navteq Maps Europe 2012/2013

Thanks

Re: NG4 PSA Navidrive 3D - Wip Com 3D PEUGEOT/CITROEN Navteq Maps Europe 2012/2013

Everyone,

Upgrade the 2012/2013 maps on the NG4 firmware version ng4_D_N32b_N32.05 does have some risc. My second medium (USB stick 2) was copied incorrectly. The update proces stopped and I didn't know what to do. That the files where copied incorrectly, I didn't find out till after stopping the engine (bad decision). After copying the files correctly I tried to update again. The system crashed with internal error 0x17. The system asked to reboot for reinitiating the total update proces. After reboot I started the update with the first medium (USB stick 1) but it directly asked voor medium 2/2. I did stick in the second medium again (now correctly copied) an again internal error 0x17. Tried it over and over again but it loops. After every reboot again internal error 0x17. On "Planete Citroën" I found out there was a repair set DVD's from Harman Becker for this problem which also can happen by updating the hazardous areas. The dealer advised to try the new firmware ng4_D_42b_N42.01 (date 21/12/12) first. The CD with new firmware arrived last week and it was loaded on to the system today (it takes more than 45 minutes from CD). Did the update again. The system again reported an internal error but a new one (0x193 I believe). In this case it also it asked to reboot for reinitiating the total update proces. After loading the first medium the system started the update proces and after 15-20 minutes asked for medium 2/2. After a second 15-20 minutes the update proces completed. My advise, be aware before loading the 2012/2013 maps.

Kind regards,
    C5 driver.

cleodanie is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: NG4 PSA Navidrive 3D - Wip Com 3D PEUGEOT/CITROEN Navteq Maps Europe 2012/2013

You are the only one to have this problen so don't say to others "be aware before loading!"
    Maybe you did something wrong because it works perfectly to thousands people.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cleodanie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How do I copy the ISO files to a USB stick if usb stick formatted in FAT32. I can not copy files larger than 4GB?

Thanks

There is nothing wrong with the 2012/2013 maps but don't make a mistake with copying to other media. Yes, I did. If you Google on "NG4 0x17" there are numerous results, it is also mentioned elswhere on GPS Underground. On the French citroën forum "Planete Citroën" someone cald it "une epidemie" With the new firmware ng4-D-42b-42.01 you're on the save side. You then can better recover from bad media and media errors and own mistakes.

Thanks

Hello miflaaa,

The ISO files are used to burn a DVD. Install a program like DAEMON Tools Lite to mount an ISO. When installed you just double click the ISO. Then you'll see the files in the ISO, none will exceed 4GB. Copy the exact directory structure and files from the 2 ISO's on to 2 USB sticks or 2 SD-Cards. Maybe someone knows if it can be copied to just one USB-stick (16Gb) or SD-Card.
    miflaaa likes this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to C5trofiel For This Useful Post:

Rorqual is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

You can copy all the files to a single 16 GB USB stick (I did since this is the only large capacity one I have), but you should update in two times:
    - first DVD files at the root, 2nd DVD files in a directory
    - insert key into the car and start the maps update
    - when it asks for DVD2, put the key in a PC, swap files (DVD2 files at the root level, DVD1 files in the directory)
    - put back the key into the car and finish updating.
    redsun70 likes this.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rorqual For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you very much,All done as you said.For exactly 30 minutes the maps updated.Thank you again.

Thanks

Good day!
    I have a question:
    I have Citroen 5 with NG4 (2009 year). firmware version P20..., not updated. To install these maps I need to update firmware?

air-line is offline Private
    Thanks

i have also a c5 with old firmware. does i update it first?

second question, does this update ask for a activation code?
    in some posts i read about it, after an update it will ask for a code.

Thanks

Thank you very much

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast