I would like to create my own speedcam database for RT6 (2.21), for my country (spain). I need a little help...
Ok, this is how far I got:
I have all my speedcams (.ov2) converted to asc format
Change the name of every speedcam, manually
I open RtxMapEditor0600, configure sw version to 8.11
Choose customizable display for poi viewing and choose the icons
Configure the radar name according to my wishes
Create USB media
Now my doubts. I'm afraid of getting into problems, this is not a tomtom which I can fix yes or yes...
1) Which is the naming schema of gpspassion to get the naming automated?
2) Only hex editing is available to remove the copyright? I have to take care of a checksum?
3) Can I update POI_VER_RADAR.TXT,POI_VER.POI?
4) The file POI.inf is used?
5) The script created in rtxMapEditor differs from the garius's one (UPG directory). Which one should I use?
6) Can I update directly to my version or I have to clear the garius's one?
7) If my version only have one map, what happens to the others? they got removed or not? (this is related to the previous question)
8) Can I mix updates? I mean, I will only use my database for map 03. So can I overwrite the garius's directory?
9) In garius release, when a speedcam warning is displayed at bottom I see 'Have a nice trip ' (or something like that). I would like to change that message. Is it possible?
10) If something goes wrong. Can I recover to the previuos state?
11) Can I check somehow the validity of my update?