GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: What Update MAP DVD do I need for a 997 early MY05 with current 10.04 MAP DVD?

L2C
    Thanks

Question What Update MAP DVD do I need for a 997 early MY05 with current 10.04 MAP DVD?

Hi all,
    first of all great forum you got here.

I have a question. I currently own a 997 MY early 2005 with Bose sound system.
    The PCM Software is 1.0 (very old)
    Currently I have the 10.2004 Map in my NAV reader in the front trunk.

I assume that the latest MAP's for my car are from 10.2008

Now I assume that I need to do the following to update my NAV system itself to be able to use the 08.2009 MAP DVD - please tell me if I am wrong here:

0.) Can I update from v 1.0 to the version above or do I need Update CD's inbetween?
    1.) Insert the Update CD 1 in the NAV unit inside the car and do the update of my main PCM unit inside the car
    2.) Once the update is done, I can insert the 08.2009 MAP DVD into the NAV Reader in the front trunk (I do not need to Update the Update CD2 as I do not have a Cayenne where the NAV DVD reader appears to be under the seat?)
    3.) Also, I have read that I possibly need to update first to a 10.2005 disc update before doing the steps above? is this correct or car I jump this process?

Is this correct and will the MAP DVD and Update CD1 posted in the link above work in my 997 with Bose sound system MY early 2005?

Also does anyone know if after the update I will be able to listen to MP3 CD's via the CD Slot in the main unit in the car? (I also have a CD changer in the trunk btw...)

Thanks for your support
    Mike
    Last edited by L2C; 24th May 2011 at 19:40.

hde
    Thanks

Re: What Update MAP DVD do I need for a 997 early MY05 with current 10.04 MAP DVD?

for me the same questions. nav cd 10/2004 cayenne build end 2004 with bose sound system, sw version 1.0.
    What steps to be taken. read a lot else in forum but it's to get confused. Wo can help before i make wronmg actions?
    Thansk in advance,
    Hans

Steve25 is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: What Update MAP DVD do I need for a 997 early MY05 with current 10.04 MAP DVD?

Hi have here same car 997 2005, with standard version. Need update from standard to A, other firmwares I have - do you solved this?