I would like to remind you, how to add maps to this device. All I have written here, is from memory so, please, forgive me.
1. Backup your original SD Card in TT Home. DO NOT ANY UPDATES to TomTom at this moment
2. Check your Device ID in TomTom Home (I don't recall where, but there is some system-information menu under help or somewhere else)
3. Buy a new SD (or SHDC , but it is possible that SDHC wil not work; I've testes to SDHC Class 2 cards and they worked)
4. Format the new card
5. Insert the, new , formatted card in the car GPS. It will initialize it.
5a. copy the LOOP folder from the new card to somewhere in your HDD in PC.
6. Restore the backup from TT Home manually (TT saved it to TomTom diredtory in your Documents folder), without LOOP folder
7. Update the new card in TT Home (maps, navicore, quick gps - whatever it found)
8. Test if the new card is working by putting it in the car. It is possible that it will update the navicore in the device, if the orignal was old <this happened to me>
8a.Reverse the LOOP folder from step 5a.
9. Download the navicore (navcore_8841.453398.Carminat_TomTom.cab )
10. Extract the navicore cab file somewhere in your computer
11. Extract two ZIP files from CAB (in Install\DS_1) folder to THE ROOT OF THE NEW SD CARD
12. Rename ~tsystem to ttsystem on the CARD
13. Patch PNDNavigator (as in other TomTom devices)
13. Download and patch your maps in the same as it is for other TomTom's (I've tested Western_and_Central_Europe_845_2645)
Can you be a litle more specific on the software's?
I've tried a million diferent ways and I can't make it work...always saying "you can't use map *** on this device".
I've tried another way, with different keygen, and used the new maps, and now it's working.
I'm using a SD card from Sandisk.
Thanks for the great post!
where can i find the navcore 8841?
Hi, Steps 11,12 & 13 - Does this force the TomTom system software to run off the SCARD rather than from the internal resident flash or am I barking up the wrong tree ?
I'm not sure, but it works :-)
But probably yes: If TT will detect the new ttsystem and PDNAvigator files on the card, it wil use it.
Ok running on the principle that it now uses the system files from the SDCard rather than it's internal flash memory, have you ever (or could you try for me) used the original unpatched/non system filed SDCard in the Carminat?
What I am trying to establish is whether reverting back to the original "as suppled" will still work (thinking of warranty & servicing issues here with Renault) or whether once you run the program from the SDCard it screws up the internal flash.
The original card is still working for me.