Thread: CN1 Language CD problems

pots22 is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

CN1 Language CD problems

Hello, i have a laguna II with the carminat CN1
    When i check the configuration the software number is 0500 CBS 4.32 so i burn a verbatim disc with nero and a image of the V6 version.
    When i put the disc inside the gps telle me do you want upgrade from 0500 to 0530 version.
    I say yes and the display say Wait please... but nothing happened.
    If i go to the menu change language the tool tell the disc inside is not valid.
    If i use the code 4112 to enter in the configuration the display show me software version 0470 not 0500
    Do you think if i use a disc with all version of V5 (find here) and chose change langage that resolve my problem ?

Big thank's for advance

hell is offline Brigadier General
    Thanks

Re: CN1 Language CD problems

could you post pictures about the versions? 500 should be okay, 0470 is I think some other version. anyway your disc may be in mode1 instead of mode2. apart from that the 0530 means no practical difference compared to the 0500

Thanks

I now the mode and the form
    I use specialy Nero to have a disc in Mode2 and form1 (you explain me this in other post)(imgburn make a mode1 form1)
    When i use the normal way to display the configuration this gps show me soft version 0500 cbs version 4.32
    But when i use the configaration menu with the code 4112 this **** display me software version 0470.
    I'm think this gps is just the last one before V6
    When i read on carminat GPS site the update it's not clear they say V6 0530 for all version >0500 and the last V5 for all <0461
    So what's up for this 0470 ?

Thanks

dont bother about 0470 that's the version of a different component (software in the BIN, the control unit). you have a CNI1 NAV6 unit with 0500 software, but as I said 0530 is only slightly different (8 lines of extra text , a warning in the service menu)

do you have an original version of the software in your headunit? eg no modified menu, no unsupported voice files etc? just because 'invalid disc' appears if you want to change language (voice) with a different version of disc, but as far as I remember the 500 and 530 had the same version of voice files and version numbers. what languages do you have in your headunit?

the other thing that may happen that you insert the language cd earlier than necessary. you need to pick languages -> other languages and insert the disc only when you are prompted to do so.

finally does it read the maps fast? if the laser is worn out it reads them slowly and may stuck at software update when the disc is checked for basic integrity (endless please wait)

Thanks

Hello Hell,

For the moment the language is French an German i choose other language, wait the gps display: please insert CD language.
    At this time i insert he CD V6 and the GPS ask me "do you want upgrade version 500 to 530" i chose "yes"
    after that the display say "updating system, please wait..."
    But after 20 minuttes nothing change on th display they stay with this message.
    I burn with nero Mode 2 form 1 (but impossible to go under X10 for the speed nero dont want propose me slow speed X2 or X4)
    I test with a verbatim and with a Maxell disc.
    Last time you explain me for nero and Mode 2 form 1 i make this for revival CNC1 on a Espace IV and work perfect.
    I don't understand what's happen with this laguna II 2004

Thanks

if you say no it will go away and you can scan the disc as language cd, or it would be better to get a v1 lang cd

Thanks

Hello Hell

I do that but no result.
    Finaly yesterday i insert the same cd and i don't now for why the tool start the frimware update 500 to 530 restart in french and german after that i re-insert the disc and choose language "english woman new"
    Possible litel sheet inside the reader ? i don't now.

Thanks

anyway it's english now so it is fine