GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: [Req] Renault Carminat II Navigation CD

Thanks

[Req] Renault Carminat II Navigation CD

All,

as I'm new to this here I just want to leave a request/question about my navigation system in my Renault Megane Phase II from 2003.
    I have the Cabasse Auditorium with the CD changer and the Carminat II ( I guess so ). The navigation computer/box/what else is in the trunk and it only reads CDs.

I have no clue which Version I have to download to get the latest version. May someone could be so kind and give me a hint? Also with the system version. I read something about updates. I can post my system version later if required, but as far as I know it hasn't been updated since it left the factory

What about damages? What happens if the update process fails? Is there a way to return it back?

Thx in advance

hell is offline Lieutenant General
    Thanks

Re: [Req] Renault Carminat II Navigation CD

it is a carminat navigation informe 1 , (so not 2) probably a late NAV5 (v4.57 or 4.61) or a NAV6 (v5.00 or 5.30) which is really the same on newer hardware. i dont suggest to update the firmware if the device runs stable because newer firmware does NOT offer more options. you can find the maps in the navteq topic, discs for this system is identical with vdo dayton NON-ciq discs

Thanks

Cool, thx for your answer, @hell. i just shot a pic of my system to let you know the version. So, I have to look for Informe1?[Req] Renault Carminat II Navigation CD-030.jpg

hell is offline Lieutenant General
    Thanks

yeah, it is Carminat Navigation Informee 1 generation, version NAV5 with the very last firmware (4.61). there is no point to change the firmware unless the device is keyboard restricted (keyb. restr.= no address can be entered while vechicle moving)

you need these maps:

)

Thanks

already digged them...Thx a lot, @hell......nice'n quick support here.....will recommend you at

Thanks

Hello,
    I have Renault megane II combi 2005 and have problem with my navigation, my CD cartografic no work, please help my. When I can download map ?? Thanks

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,665 Times in 188 Posts

All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded