25th March 2014, 08:39
How to Root the HTC Rhyme
HTC has manufactured the HTC Rhyme smartphone keeping women in mind, as the device itself seems to be inclined towards the likes of women. Launched back in September, 2011, the Rhyme boasts a huge 3.7″ inch screen with the resolution of 480×800 pixels. It features a 1GHz processor backed by 768MB RAM, a 5MP shooter on the back and runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread as its OS. If you’ve purchased this device and want to learn how you can root it, probably to install some root-only apps on it, then this guide’s going to be useful for you. The guide below shows how you can root your HTC Rhyme smartphone and get the most out of it, and here you go:
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. To unlock your bootloader, head here.
3. This should work on Windows based PCs only.
4. This will flash a custom recovery on your device as well.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
III. Rooting the HTC Rhyme:
1. Place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s been enabled, plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, simply hold down the Shift button and right-click on any blank area and select Open command window here.
6. Type in following commands into the Command Prompt Window one-by-one:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery htc_rhyme_vzw_unofficial_clockworkmod_recovery_v5. 0.2.8.img
7. Now issue the following commands:
adb shell mount /system
adb push su /system/bin/su
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk
8. Reboot your device and you should be rooted.
9. You’re done!
Congrats! Your HTC Rhyme has been successfully rooted and you can confirm the same by installing the Root Checker app!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the HTC Rhyme to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
Tags for this Thread