How to Root Huawei Ascend Y300
WHAT YOU NEED
Huawei Y300-0000 or Y300-0100 (U8833)
Y300 Root Tools & Huawei USB driver --- Click HERE
Before you begin the unlock process, you need to make sure your computer can communicate with your Huawei Y300.
1. On your phone, go to Settings -> Developer Options and make sure USB debugging is ticked.
2. Extract the downloaded package Y300-AiO-ROOT-v1.3.zip to your Desktop.
3. Install Huawei_Y300_drivers.exe found in the folder “MobilePhoneDrivers”. If you have trouble installing.
5. Disconnect your phone from your computer.
6. Turn off your phone, remove the battery, wait 5 seconds and then re-insert the battery. Make sure you do this or the following steps will not work!
7. Hold the Volume DOWN button and turn the phone on while keeping the Volume DOWN button pressed for at least 10 seconds. Your phone should freeze on the splash screen (fastboot mode).
8. Connect your phone to your computer. Your computer should find a new device.
9. Open the folder “UnlockTools” found on your Desktop and double click on check_bootloader.bat. This will both verify that the connection to your phone is working and that you have a bootloader that needs to be unlocked.
10. From the same folder double click unlock_bootloader.bat and when prompted enter the 16-digits unlock code you received from Huawei.
11. The phone will execute some checks, restore factory settings and finally reboot (this may take while)
FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY
We will now flash the TWRP v2.5 custom recovery for Y300.
Note: TWRP is a custom recovery with similar features like ClockworkMod but with the ability to be controlled by touch interface.
1.Turn off your phone, remove the battery, wait 5 seconds and then re-insert the battery.
2. Hold the Volume DOWN button and turn the phone on while keeping the Volume DOWN button pressed for at least 10 seconds. Your 3. phone should freeze on the splash screen (fastboot mode).
4. Connect your phone to your computer.
5. From the folder “UnlockTools” run flash_recovery.bat and follow the steps.
6. When the recovery has been flashed successfully, your phone will reboot (this may take a while).
Note: For future use of TWRP recovery, you may disable the option Settings -> Fastboot on your phone. That way, you don’t need to remove the battery before booting into recovery. Your phone will boot up a little slower though.
STEP 4: FLASH SUPERSU TOOL
Finally we will install the latest SuperSU tool.
1. Copy “SuperSU-ROOT.zip” to the root of your SD card.
2. Turn of your phone. Hold the Volume UP and Power button simultaneously until the TWRP recovery menu is displayed.
3. In the TWRP menu choose “Install” and navigate to ”SuperSU-ROOT.zip” in the root of your SD card. Once the installation has finished choose “Reboot system” to reboot your phone.
Tags for this Thread