How to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102)
Today we are going to show you, how to get root access on Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 G7102 using the GENNXT PREROOTED ROM which is released by the Senior XDA member, balliboxer, which makes it much more easy to gain root access on your phone. Note that this method is not like the other CF-Root or any One Click Root method, in sense it is one click, because we’ll be using the Odin3 flashing tool to flash the Pre Rooted ROM, which almost gets completed within 1 or 2 minutes. So if it makes since to you, then don’t think further and let’s move on to get started.
Requirements and Guidelines:
- Rooting your phone will voids its warranty, therefore root at your own risk.
- This rooting procedure only works for Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102, therefore do not apply it on another variant or it may brick your phone.
- It is highly recommended that you Backup your important data stored on your phone. Best Backup Apps for Android
- If you haven’t already installed Samsung Kies, then download and install USB drivers from Here.
- Enable USB debugging from Developers Options tab within the Settings of your phone.
- Before you start rooting your phone, check your phone battery and make sure that it is enough for the process.
Download Odin3 v3.07 (Direct Link)
GENNXT PREROOTED ROM for Galaxy Grand 2 G7102 (Download Link)
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 GENNXT PREROOTED ROM Using in 8 Simple Steps
Step 1: First of all download the required files via the above give links.
Step 2: Extract the files to new folder on your desktop or any another location you would like to!!
Step 3: Power off your Galaxy Grand 2 and Reboot it into Download Mode, Holds the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds and release it when you see a warning message on your screen. Further hit the Volume Up button to continue.
Step 4: Launch Odin3 flashing tool from the extracted folder and Connect your phone to PC via the USB data cable.
Step 5: Wait for Odin3 to recognize and detect your device, when it detects, you’ll see the ID:COM box will turn light blue and Added!! will be shown in the message section of Odin3.
Step 6: Click on the PDA button and select the rom extracted file.
Step 7: Once the correct file is selected, Click on the Start button which will begin flashing the Pro Rooted ROM on your phone.
Step 8: Finally, wait for Odin to complete the process, once it gets completed, Your phone will automatically reboots and Odin will show the green signal with PASS!! message on the screen.
Congratulations!! You’ve successfully Rooted Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 and also installed Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. After your phone reboots normally, Check that SuperSU is already installed and to further verify the rooting process, you can also install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.
Tags for this Thread