Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saab Denso

Thanks

Post Saab Denso

Hi,

I have been reading this great forum and came to understand that various brands use the Denso touchscreen navigation systems. Saab also had a Denso navi system. I have the been successful using some of Jaguar, Land Rover and BMW navi's, however some of them seem to work OK, others work partially and some of them do not work at all.
    Those that work partially display the maps, but it is not possible to enter the adress. There are also some that do not work at all and instead of a map display chaos on the screen.

Does this have anything to do with loading.kwi? If I would replace it from original Saab 2008 disc, would it help?

How do I come to know which other brands work straight away in Saab?

miszczu1983 is offline Banned
    Thanks

Re: Saab Denso

it would be useful if you could post which other maps you manage to run.
    I have tried landrover, toyota and jaguar in 9-3 with no succes.
    When I replaced the loading KWI and IDX folder I managed to run Toyota e12 map, but addres search did not work.
    Please share your experiences.

Thanks

I've 9-5 so all my experience is with that model only. I know for fact that Land Rover maps work without any problems. You do not need to replace any files. It is important though to carry out upgrade using the loading.kwi that is on Saabs 2008 DVD map.

My experience pretty much so far is:
    Landrover Eastern Europe 2009 (464110-7030) works.
    Landrover Western Europe 2009-2010 (464110-7560) works.

Jaguar Western Europe 2010 (464110-7440) works partially, the adress search, POI etc. do not work but it displays the maps and it is possible to select the regions.
    Volvo RTI MMM2 2010.1 4 DVD set works partially, the adress search, POI etc. do not work but it displays the maps and it is possible to select the regions.

I've tried replacing loading.kwi on the 1st Volvo DVD but it resulted in Denso complaining about read errors. I am not sure whether any other files would have to be replaced to get this working. I know too little yet, so any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

LR maps unfortunatelly do not work in 9-3.
    In my opinion, you should take oryginal 9-5 DVD and replace as follows:

- region.kwi
    -alldata.kwi
    -IDX folder

from other map disc. Such a hybrid should work.

Thanks

ah, I didn't think about doing it that way. I'll give it a shot, thanks!

Thanks

One question, you mentioned that you replaced loading.kwi with the one from oryginal saab 2008 disc.
    Was it size 73 586 688?
    I am trying to make working disc for saab 9-3, but I can't succeed.
    The problem in my opinion is that 9-3 DVD I have do not have loading KWI at all.

Thanks

yes, that's the one:

$ cksum LOADING.KWI
    2834073600 73586688 LOADING.KWI

Thanks

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but this is my step to the 5-post rule this forum have.

I have a Saab 9-5 from 2005 with the Denso unit, and now the original DVDs are worn out.

I have a friend in this city with the same car (only form 06) and Navi, and he came to me with 5 DVDs that works in his car.

The orginal DVD played well on my unit.
    The disc called Denso_07, and maps from 08, copy of 06, and 2009-2010 (Land Rover-discs i think) did not work.

He said that he thinks that the 07-map came with an update that I probably will need, and he have burned lots of these DVDs after he got the update him self.

The DVDs are all been testet with DVD-R DL and DVD+R DL. All discs are Verbatim, burned @ 2.4X Speed.

Is there a slightest chance that my unit is defective, or do I just need to get hold of an original 07-disc so I can get the update?

Here is a picture of what happens when I try to put in the 07-disc (the same happens when I tries the other discs too)

Sorry for the big size.

Thanks

I believe your unit is defective.

You should get message about"imcompatibile map" and for sure screen should not be acting like that.
    Landrover 2008 Western DVD contains update if I remember well.

Thanks

I'm awaiting the 2007 original map-dvd in the mail by tomorrow.
    I'll try that, if it doesn't work, I'll assume the unit can never play burned DVDs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast