Thread: please advise for novice with new sat nav

pete1 is offline Private
    Thanks

Question please advise for novice with new sat nav

i hope you can advise me, i am a total novice with sat nav's and i have just been informed that my wife has bought me one from china, it seems to have everything on but one thing (vehicle dimensions) i am a hgv driver! the nav runs on windows ce 5.0 with bluetooth etc, i have been looking at the pronav nuvi 465t and this seems to run on the same software? would i be able to install that software or any? for the vehicle hight/width. i have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive but would like to know what software i will be able to install via usb or mmc card, all advice will be very greatfull i do not know if this may help the ram is 128mb and the ems is 8gb with a 4gb sd card
    Last edited by pete1; 10th November 2010 at 12:38.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pete1 For This Useful Post:

pete1 is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: please advise for novice with new sat nav

it does not matter now as i have purchaced a yf 500 mhz gps 6" lcd which can accept tomtom/i-go8/i-goamigo/garmin/navego software it has 4gb flash 128mb ram it seems exellent and very cheap for what you get, i paid a little more because it also has bluetooth av in price $107.22 they also sell cheaper ones without the other features the chinese one above i will give it to a friend for xmas box that does accept i-go 8 software from e-bay

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pete1 For This Useful Post:

pete1 is offline Private
    Thanks

the yf 500 has arrived it is very good so far with i-go 8 installed but i hope you can advise how to install tomtom truck onto it please, this is the first time i have had a satnav so all advice will be truly greatfull, why i would like to do this is because i am a heavy goods driver so low bridges and vehicle sizes would be very helpfull also i have a caravan and would like to put p.o.i of uk caravan sites speed cameras etc thank you for looking and helping

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pete1 For This Useful Post:

Charliefarlie is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: used car dealers ohio Akron

I too struggle with these things !!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Charliefarlie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey guy's, I'm going to bump this thread as I don't seem to have a "new thread " option. I'm new to the forum & totally new to the world of sat nav / gps. Anyway I have been looking round the site & at the minute, I might as well be looking up a bears *** as I don't know what I'm looking at or for. I have bought this 7" inch Truck GPS SAT NAV MP4 Lorry Coach Bluetooth Free Update SpeedCam POI L18 | eBay and the guy told me it uses Primo maps. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be grateful & happily go on my way & read whatever is required. I should have my sat nav in a week or so & want to be some what ready for it. I'm not looking to be spoon fed, just pointed in the right direction. Thank you in advance.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to reddevil157 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Damn I am a newb, I cant start a thread until I answer 10 posts ?

But I cant really give any advice so what am I going to post ?

Any way not to hijacj a threat but I bought this cvug-pc29 online , And it has no gps software. I have spent 2 days trying to install many different soft wares but I cant figure it out. Can anyone help ? Id really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Banks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Banks For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I know this is an old thread, but being new here i'll have to bump this thread as i can't find what i'm looking for.

I have recently bought a Peugeot with RT4 satnav, but i can't find an up to date map to download for the UK
    can someone please point me in the right direction?

seagate1 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

looks like im going to bump up this thread aswell because i do need help with mio m400 please.

NeedTeddy is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pete1 View Post
    i hope you can advise me, i am a total novice with sat nav's and i have just been informed that my wife has bought me one from china, it seems to have everything on but one thing (vehicle dimensions) i am a hgv driver! the nav runs on windows ce 5.0 with bluetooth etc, i have been looking at the pronav nuvi 465t and this seems to run on the same software? would i be able to install that software or any? for the vehicle hight/width. i have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive but would like to know what software i will be able to install via usb or mmc card, all advice will be very greatfull i do not know if this may help the ram is 128mb and the ems is 8gb with a 4gb sd card
    not sure what you meant by vehicle height/width???

rafif is offline Private
    Thanks

The older models without live services currently are on Navcore 8842 and can run Maps 925.5442 and can be updated but the newer models with live services currently cannot be hacked to take new maps.